Booster seat for shuttle?

cwnhokie

We plan to take a shuttle from the port back to the airport. Do we need to bring my son's booster seat for this or do the shuttles have them? This will be our first cruise with the kids. How about in Cozumel?

No booster seats in Cozumel. I don't even think they have seat belts to hold one in:confused: The shuttles don't have them either.

We plan to take a shuttle from the port back to the airport. Do we need to bring my son's booster seat for this or do the shuttles have them? This will be our first cruise with the kids. How about in Cozumel?

When we reserved our shuttle, they asked us if we needed a booster for our son. We were relieved one less thing to carry with us on the plane. I would just ask ahead of time if they have them for use, when you reserve.

No boosters necessary in Ports, and quite honestly, I have never been asked/told/supplied one for shuttles to/from Ports in the US. I believe the laws are similar to those for Taxis, as you are not required to use a booster/car seat for Taxis.

You most certainly do in the State of Florida!!

OP--Ask your shuttle service to provide one. Keep in mind that I've seen some that were pretty mangey and frankly I wouldn't trust them. I'd bring my own--isn't your child's life worth a little bit of inconvenience?

I would vote for safety and bring my own - while the FLA suttle service may have one you'll need it in any port.

Taxis in Coz all have seat belts, but many no longer function or are knotted. Tell the taxi coordinator running the line of taxis that you need a cab with functioning seat belts, and then tip the driver a few extra bucks for the time spent installing the seat. :cool:

Good luck! :)

The seat belts in Coz must all be stuck down in the seat cracks than. I have never been provided a car seat or booster seat in FL either.

I would do as stated above, call and reserve a sevice that will provide one. I dought that will even work in the ports. They don't require them.

I volunteer as a Canadian trained car seat technician and my comments reflect my training.

If the shuttle has seat belts, your child may need their booster seat if the seat belt is not properly positioned on your child. Boosters are belt positioners, because if the seat belt is not positioned properly, your child can be seriously injured or killed in a collision. If you are on a bus where there are no seatbelts, then the bus is designed to protect the occupants and the booster is not needed.

We were in Cozumel and Costa Maya earlier this month. You can find taxis with seatbelts, you just have to look. Yes, the belts and buckles are often cut off, but if you explain why you need the belts, they can be found. We had many helpful people in Costa Maya searching for working seatbelts in many vehicles, which were found in a few minutes.

I travel with car seats and boosters because it is easier to use vehicle restraints for my children than deal with foreign health care systems in the event of a collision. Consider it another thing you do differently when travelling with children.

Archived