Costa Concordia SINKING!

cruiserfanfromct

I don't think it's been announced yet but the next big date is March 3. On that day the survivors Judge Valeria Montesarchio has summoned will testify at a hearing to be convened in Grosseto. It will be held in a large theatre rather than a court since there are many witnesses.

Has that been confirmed? I remember seeing that in an article but I took it more as a bit of an off comment. It was more like if 4200 people, along with Costa reps, and others involved directly in the investigation all showed up, they would need a "theatre" to get them all in.

Show time. See y'all later.

Thank you for the welcome!

I think I made a mistake when I uploaded the picture because it came out as a thumbnail. Would it be helpful if I posted it again? If so, how do I do it so it comes out full sized?

You can upload it to a free service like tinypic and then copy the URL and then click the image icon and paste the URL there.

Has that been confirmed? I remember seeing that in an article but I took it more as a bit of an off comment. It was more like if 4200 people, along with Costa reps, and others involved directly in the investigation all showed up, they would need a "theatre" to get them all in.

Show time. See y'all later.

According to this article, it will be held at the Teatro Moderno di Grosseto. I don't know if there's been a change of venue since then.

http://www.liberoquotidiano.it/news/918222/Giglio-il-3-marzo-incidente-probatorio-scatola-nera-in-teatro-Grosseto.html

My thoughts precisely! Like you I tune in now and then to see what lengths they've taken their self-imposed seriousness to.

Its really quite comical these experts and analysts. I really hope they do get dragged into court for influencing things above and beyond their control but in truth and in fact that would be granting them the power and influence they so need in their lives. They're not going anywhere, but they are amusing themselves and keeping busy, off the streets and for that we should be thankful

Now all we can do is await their final decisions and sentences handed down! And by the way the slick is still massage oil nothing more

For others such Dmetrius to USE the efforts of posters on this forum to locate links to various video, newspaper articles and the like and then be NASTY to those same posters is a shame and reflects poorly of them.

On 10 July 1985 an undercover operation conducted by the French military security service (DGSE) sank the British-registered Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior berthed in Auckland Harbour. The Greenpeace ship was planning to disrupt French Nuclear tests on the islands of French Polynesia. New Zealand subsequently caught and convicted two members of the French secret forces.

Four of the agents fled the country after the attack. But agents Alain Marfart and Dominique Prieur – posing as a Swiss couple – were caught at the New Zealand border with fake Swiss passports.

Chris Master won the The annual Walkley Awards, presented in Australia to recognise and reward excellence in journalism for his documentary “French connection” shown on the 4 corners program.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/special_eds/masters/masters/default.htm

The police were only able to apprehend the agents Marfart and Prieur through the help of “Mums and Dads” who noticed these two and their movements around New Zealand.

It would be a stretch to say that what is happening on this board would lead to anything like the Rainbow Warrior convictions….. BUT it is possible that connections can be made and disproved by what some have done here.

The French Govt’s. knowledge of and involvement in the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior would not have come to light if not for the efforts of individuals who had no expertise other than being observant and reporting what they saw. ( no different than what is being done on this forum)

Commercial break on Nat Geo now. Not seeing any new footage - just a repeat at what has been already aired. Disappointed that they don't include the latest video of the bridge.....only ten minutes left. :(

I don't think the newest Bridge video came to light in time for the show.

I can say WOW! As there was an extreme amount that I'd not seen before. More extensice video of the Night Vision video from the chopper rescue, more in depth from some of the survivors...

I hope that Discovery Channel has more than this and from the villagers aslo. No where were the villagers of Giglio mentioned and for that I am disappointed as I think they did an awesome job from all reports.

Joanie

I don't think the newest Bridge video came to light in time for the show.

I can say WOW! As there was an extreme amount that I'd not seen before. More extensice video of the Night Vision video from the chopper rescue, more in depth from some of the survivors...

I hope that Discovery Channel has more than this and from the villagers aslo. No where were the villagers of Giglio mentioned and for that I am disappointed as I think they did an awesome job from all reports.

Joanie

Yes, to be fair that bridge video came out Friday night after the documentary was completed. Maybe the Discovery doc will have more information next week.

hmmmm - well, I don't know what happened...I uploaded URL's for 3 pix and hit "submit reply" but no results

Welcome to the forum. I have learnt so much here over the last few weeks.

To upload photos not thumbnails..... once you have the URL of the photo you need to click the Yellow square that looks like an envelope with two mountains.

I know there are many ways to get a URL for a screen capture and I tried for hours and hours a few nights back.

This is how I do it on a Mac.

Get screen capture ( Command Shift 4) from video or whatever

drag that image into iphoto

Once in I photo click share ....select facebook

Photo goes to your facebook with its newly generated URL

Open your facebook page

Drag the facebook photo to desktop

Click photo get Info (command i)

It will show URL

Copy URL

Go back to Cruise critic post

Click on yellow envelop

it will ask for URL.. paste it there

Preview post

Then if all is good

click Submit reply

I know its a long way round... but I know it works for me.

It looks like your URLS links are broken or maybe it's the https (secure) instead of http that's not allowing viewing. The thumbnail you posted previously was clickable to a larger image.

Thank you. Yes it was https that was the problem.

This sequence of shots seems to show that as she turns, a large object is revealed under the poncho. The shadow outlines the shape of the object and distinguishes it from the stiff creases in the fabric.

Saba3.pngSaba2.pngSaba1.jpg

Sorry, these appear in reverse order in spite of my having uploaded them in chronological order.

According to this article, it will be held at the Teatro Moderno di Grosseto. I don't know if there's been a change of venue since then.

http://www.liberoquotidiano.it/news/918222/Giglio-il-3-marzo-incidente-probatorio-scatola-nera-in-teatro-Grosseto.html

Ok, that story is dated after one I saw with what I stated in my other post. I hadn't seen the updated version you posted.

Thanks.

I missed the last 20 minutes of the show. Will watch the rest after the Grammy's.

Thank you. Yes it was https that was the problem.

This sequence of shots seems to show that as she turns, a large object is revealed under the poncho. The shadow outlines the shape of the object and distinguishes it from the stiff creases in the fabric.

Sorry, these appear in reverse order in spite of my having uploaded them in chronological order.

The last (or first one since they are reversed) definitely shows the outline of what could be a shoulder laptop style bag.

I purchased a new TV, to replace my old Mitsubitchi, that still worked, but with HD, and hoping to see it last weekend........it did not happen.

So, last Friday, the Audio Video guys show up, and install the new TV....fits perfectly, and new audio, and Blue Ray player.

We set up the recording of the Cruise Ship whatever.........because our TV lasted exactly .......turned on........about 8 hours.

I picked a new one up today, at Costco. Tomorrow, I'll have the show, but I cannot comment on it tonight!

Looking forward to hearing what you all saw!;)

Rick

Many thanks for trying to help me, Ozcruiser1. I'm sorry I did not notice your post sooner. I was knee-deep in re-loading images so they could acquire non-https URL's. That did the trick. Now I have to figure out why, when I inserted them in my post, they changed order and size. Oh well. Baby steps. Thanks again.:)

Welcome to the forum. I have learnt so much here over the last few weeks.

To upload photos not thumbnails..... once you have the URL of the photo you need to click the Yellow square that looks like an envelope with two mountains.

I know there are many ways to get a URL for a screen capture and I tried for hours and hours a few nights back.

This is how I do it on a Mac.

Get screen capture ( Command Shift 4) from video or whatever

drag that image into iphoto

Once in I photo click share ....select facebook

Photo goes to your facebook with its newly generated URL

Open your facebook page

Drag the facebook photo to desktop

Click photo get Info (command i)

It will show URL

Copy URL

Go back to Cruise critic post

Click on yellow envelop

it will ask for URL.. paste it there

Preview post

Then if all is good

click Submit reply

I know its a long way round... but I know it works for me.

Whoa! That chick is carrying more than a laptop bag! Lol. She could very well

have a desktop under there - the way her poncho is protruding. But before we

jump to conclusions, she may have just carried her duffle bag (personal belongings)

since she had that private boat and all.

The sad thing is it's such a stark contrast to what the other passengers are carrying. :(

Clearly she had prior knowledge of the brevity of the situation.

Saba3.png

Archived