Rude and Harrassing PVP

RMM34667

Last week someone called my home asking for me. When informed I wasn't home asked who she was speaking to. My mother then said "who is calling". The caller then got rude and said she'd call back other time. The same person called again on Thursday and wasn't quite so rude. Identified herself as my Carnival PVP. My mother told her it really wasn't a good time as we were going through a family matter and she should not call back. A few minutes later the same Carnival PVP called my sister on her cell phone looking for me. My sister questioned her about how she got her cell number and the PVP replied from our last booking. My sister informed her it wasn't a good time and to stop trying to contact me. BUT caller ID shows she called again on Friday.

I know the calls are probably a result of my looking at cruises on Carnival.com. But that was a few weeks ago. We were trying to plan a last minute something for my father's 85th bday at the end of next month and I thought a short cruise would be good. However 2 weeks ago we got a shocking diagnosis and he probably only has weeks left.

The last thing my family needs right now is a pushy PVP. I am not up to phone conversation with Carnival, but I do plan on sending an email asking them to stop this harrassment. Anyone recommend the best email address to use?

wow! thats horrible! I would have told her right then and there to take me off the calling list, until i was ready to book again. Or i would turn her into her supervisor. Im sorry that you have to go through that right now.

I am very sorry about your father. And you and your family are in my prayers.

I feel your pain! When I start planning a vacation, I research every detail imaginable. That includes pricing different itineraries. My old PVP left Carnival last year and this new chick who has inherited his clients is driving us crazy! If I look at a cruise one time she is calling multiple times every day and leaves messages every time! Luckily, she only has the home number and not our mobile numbers. She sometimes leaves 3 or 4 messages in one day. The funny thing is that we work during the day and her messages are never left after 1:00 pm. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she doesn't call in the evening but if she wanted the commission, don't cha think she'd call after work hours?

I know that when I am ready to book in the next couple of weeks, I will simply call the 1-800 number so she won't get credit for the sale!

I don't know the best way to get in touch with them, but when you are looking at cruises on the website don't log in. That way they have no clue you are there.

Sorry for what you are going through.

I agree. I look at different cruises all the time and never get bothered. I just log in when I actually am booking. I have always booked with the website.

This would have upset us also, but it's kind of funny, just the opposite happened to us. We went on line and found the date of the cruise we wanted, and the cabin we wanted. It was late so we thought we would call the next morning. Upon awakening I checked the phone and found that a PVP had called and left a message. When I called him back he was no longer in his office, and left a message stating he would not be back until Monday. We ended up calling Carnival and used someone else.

Had that problem as well with a rude PVP...She just did'nt "get It" !! I was looking into different cruises about 4 yrs ago what was gonna fit well budget wise and length for our family...Well this woman started called and had never stopped! Ever year for the next 4 yrs she'd call ! This is after I had booked a cruise on my own, with another line... Then the following year we booked with a AAA agent (which was pointless when I ended up telling him our price went down and I basically did the work of the Early saver form myself) Yes from that point on I just booked it myself...Last year she called again, and I once again did the booking myself, because Of all the great info I get on this site , knew where I wanted to stay, which ship , islands and such...Well once again booked for this year , she called and I guess I totally put her off when I said "oh I already booked "..She was so nice when she called but when I said that one sentence to her, the rudeness and claws came out and very huffy she said "well then have a nice cruise " and hung up!! Yeah I busted out laughing , how could I not!!

Some PVPs go above and beyond ...and some yeah not so much...I'd be curious who it it is , your PVP!

OP sorry to hear about your father.

My PVP never calls me except to say hi every now and then. I too do a lot research before booking.

I would either not answer the phone or call Carnival and ask for a PVP supervisor and ask to be taken off the call list.

I would have asked them to stop calling us. However we have never received a call from Carnival asking us if we would like to book a cruise. I don’t think it has anything to do with logging into the Carnival web site. I log on to the Carnival site every day to check for price drops and see if anything has changed with our cruises.

OP- I am very sorry for what is going on with your father. Please don't waste another minute worrying about this rude and ignorant PVP. If she does happen to call back again, I would just ask to be transfered to a supervisor and file a complaint at that time.

First off..... I am very sorry about your family situation. I hope you and your family can stay strong for each other....

I just wanted to post a "flip side" to this discussion.... I used to work in a call center selling sub-prime mortgages (you're welcome America!)... When a "lead" would come in, we were instructed to call up to 4 times a day, every day until we were able to speak to the person who showed interest (left that job in a year with an utter disgust for the business). To be fair, you haven't spoken with this person yet correct? Your mother and sister did.... There is no excuse for rudeness on their part but they are probably being told to keep trying to contact you as you showed an interest in booking (by logging into the website). I'd be willing to guess that they are under very specific guidelines and pressure on how many calls they have to make a day and to make every effort to personally speak with the guest who showed interest.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about your family situation...

I never signed in but still got the PVP calls. I really didnt mind the calls but wondered how they knew I was looking. I then remembered that everytime I received a "special offer" via email and clicked the link to check the rates that I would soon receive a follow up phone call. By clicking the link in the email I was unknowingly letting them know that I was looking! The link must have some embedded information that identifies the user (me) that clicked the link.

The girl (PVP) who called me was always friendly and not pushy. She even answered some questions for me.

Archived