Make A Wish

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone could help me or provide info concerning a child being award a make a wish trip. My niece who will be 17, has been awarded a trip thru make a wish for possibly Feb 2013. Her options are Disney or Royal Caribbean. She prefers RC since she sailed with us on the FOS in Sept and had the time of her life. She would like for as many of her family members to go as possible. I know that Make A Wish provides her and her parents and siblings a free trip. My brother (her dad) said that he thinks he was told that RC would provide cabins at a discounted rate for other members of her family that wanted to join her on the cruise. Has anyone heard of this? It doesn't seem like it's possible since make a wish wishes are granted on donation basis. I'm ok either way. I'm going to save my pennies and join her no matter what. I just wanted to check with my CC family since you guys seem to know something about everything. :)

:rolleyes: We went on a Make A Wish cruise for my son, he was able to take me and my husband but had to choose between his sister and his best friend. We totally had the time of our lives and Make A Wish went above and beyond for our son and his friend who got to go because his sister has such a big heart she thought he would have more fun if his friend went, no worries we are going again and were all going sister, friend and his family. :) You should go even if Make A Wish doesn't cover your cost you will have the trip of a life time. Good luck and enjoy the cruise. :) My son will not fly so they gave us the flight money for travel expenses and hotels, it was the best time.

:rolleyes: We went on a Make A Wish cruise for my son, he was able to take me and my husband but had to choose between his sister and his best friend. We totally had the time of our lives and Make A Wish went above and beyond for our son and his friend who got to go because his sister has such a big heart she thought he would have more fun if his friend went, no worries we are going again and were all going sister, friend and his family. :) You should go even if Make A Wish doesn't cover your cost you will have the trip of a life time. Good luck and enjoy the cruise. :) My son will not fly so they gave us the flight money for travel expenses and hotels, it was the best time.

Thank you for the information. We plan to join her on the trip no matter what. There was a make a wish kid on our FOS cruise in september and they seemed to be having the time of their life. I will be wonderful just to sit back and see the special treatment my niece will receive. The staff was great with the child on our cruise. It was awesome to see everyone go out of their way to make him happy.

I did not read your question as well as I should have yesterday. I would ask your brother to have his make a wish coordinator check and see about booking your room, they are wonderful people and I am sure they will do what they can. My son and his friend were 17-19 when we went on the cruise and they met all the ice skaters and show people and they became good friends with a few of them. They would come to our guys room and get them at night and take them out to the parties on the ship they even got the 17 yr old into the 18 and up club, my son has kept in touch with a couple of them and its been 2 years, he loves to here the ship stories they tell.

MAW is such a wonderful program! I am no longer able to do the walk, but my DH and I always donate the $20 and donate the t shirts back. I have at least one t shirt from each cruise we've been on. As an Emergency RN, this program is very special to me and my co workers. When we were on the Freedom, I collected $100 from my co workers and brought back t shirts for all of them! It's become part of our cruise ritual!

:) That is so sweet you have no idea:rolleyes: (maybe you do) what these wishes do for the person that recieves them.Most all our vacations have been for hospital stays or days he was home sick. He was luckily very healthy the year we went on the cruise and we all had the most wonderful time ever.:)

Thank-you and your co-workers so much.

Archived