Winter 2012 finds HIMSELF Live on the Nieuw Amsterdam

Himself

I had a wonderful day in Grand Caymen--it was hot and that was sooooooooo nice.

Now on my way to Mahagany Bay. By the way, the late nite snack is still themed. It is posted outside the Lido with the Casual Dinner. Did not do much in GC expect walk through town and out to Kirk's drug and Grocery to get some one touch lancets. No sting ray city this year. Getting to old to scream like a banshee. Have met a lot of nice people including some ccers.

Himself

[quote name='Himself']We are docked at Mahany Bay on Routain today in Beutiful Honduras. We had a good rain storm and it has cooled things down consierably. On To Vera Cruz tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Opps, I meant to say Costa Maya

When we arrived at Coata Maya this morning, the Ryndam was already in port.
Shortly after we backed into our birth, one of the Norwegian ships came in. It was the Norwegian wind. It poured rain most of the morning and so many of us stayed on the Nieuw Amsterdam. After lunch, I walked over the shops at the end of the pier and looked around. It was quite windy walking along the pier. I looked at the shops and saw some Mexican miliary guys with rifles and thought, I do not need to be here and so, I headed back to the ship. I watched the Ryndam pull out about 2:50 but we had to wait for a tour group from the ship to return so it was about 3:25 when we cast off our lines and set sail for Ft. Lauderdale. The week went quick and tomorrow it will be a sea day before returning to Ft. Lauderdale to drop off many and pick up many more the the Eastern leg of the journey.

Thanks for reading the posts.

[quote name='Himself']We are docked at Mahany Bay on Routain today in Beutiful Honduras. We had a good rain storm and it has cooled things down consierably. On To Vera Cruz tomorrow.[/quote]
[SIZE=3]Did you do anything in Roatan? I absolutely love that island. It has a charm that is not often found.

Father are you staying on for one more week?
[/SIZE]

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS'][SIZE=3]Did you do anything in Roatan? I absolutely love that island. It has a charm that is not often found.

Father are you staying on for one more week?
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Lisa:
I did not do much except walk over through the shops and to the beach and that was just for a walk. It is a lovely Island. It poured rain about 11:30 AM and I walked to the beach around 3PM in the afternoon. I did like the place.

Lisa: I will be on for one more week. On this cruise, Jonathan Mercer was not the Captain.
I think he is about due to come on. Perhaps this weekend or next weekend.

[quote name='kazu']Thanks for your posts Father. Looks like the cruise ends Sunday :eek: Are you staying on? I don't hear any complaints that the cruise is nearly over;)[/QUOTE]

I am staying on one more week, so you will not hear me complaining. I will save that for when I am back in Manhattan, Illinois and things start to "go south" if they do.

[quote name='Himself']I am staying on one more week, so you will not hear me complaining. I will save that for when I am back in Manhattan, Illinois and things start to "go south" if they do.[/quote]

Good for you :):) Enjoy that warm weather:D You're missing cold and snow here;)

[quote name='kazu']Good for you :):) Enjoy that warm weather:D You're missing cold and snow here;)[/QUOTE]

I think the snow in Northern Illinois is waiting til my return. Then it will attack. The weather back home has not been too bad this past week or so.

Greetings from Grand Turk: I don't know why I am writing this. I should be out enjoying Grand Turk. Sun is out today so I think I will go off ship for a while. Nothing planned for today but will do a little tour in San Juan tomorrow and St. Maarten on Thursday. Will be in the air and back to Chicagoland next Tuesday and I will be wishing I was at Sea. Weather has been cloudy for the past few days. We were the third ship to leave Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday and the last in.

Sorry I have not posted more often. These little things in life.

Archived