MGD 64 Beer

august1963

August1963

I wish they would serve MGD64, but they don't.

For those that want to flame about that, there is a reason I drink it.

I am diabetic and with 2.4 carbs I can actully have a few and still be able to eat pretty good and stay within my Carb intake for my meals!

Best of both worlds!!!!!

No MGD 65 but the do have Michelob Ultra, it has a few more calories, but IMO you get a little better taste with those calories. Also MGD 65 only has a 2.8% alcohol content where Michelob Ultra has a 4.1% alcohol content. For dieters or diabetics here's the stats:

12 oz Michelob Ultra 95 calories 2.6g of carbs. Don't forget that what carnival sells is a 16oz aluminum bottle so doing the math I would imagine that you would have about 119 calories and 3.25g of carbs per 16 oz. Enjoy!:)

Sorry to say that they do not carry it on the ships. I too drink the 64's as it is conducive to my WW plan. I bumped it up one notch and drank the Mich Ultras. It was the next-best thing. :):)

BTW, thanks for the stats, Stephanie

Steve/steph

It is MGD64 not 65.

And being I work in the beverage industry AB products don't pay the bills, Miller/Coors does, so NO I DON'T DRINK AB products.

Beerman2 - Wow, sorry just a typo on the number one off, not the end of the world. :D Just letting you know what is available. Guess you either aren't drinking beer or your smuggling. I was just letting you know what was available. But it seems you take offense. So sorry :p

I will be enjoying a Michelob Ultra LOL because that is what is served on the ship.

I get why people drink the 64s. It seems like a waste of calories, even if it is just 64. I tried drinking them because of the calorie count, but I can't do it...no flavor (to me), little alcohol. I'd rather take the extra 34 calories and have a Miller Lite. Even then the taste is light, but I can live with it.

Steve/steph

It is MGD64 not 65.

And being I work in the beverage industry AB products don't pay the bills, Miller/Coors does, so NO I DON'T DRINK AB products.

And how on earth was Steve n Steph supposed to know that?! They ships don't serve the 64s, so the poster was trying to make a suggestion as there is very little difference in carbs between the 64s and Mich Ultra (which has a way better taste than the 64s IMO). There is no need to flame the poster. Your best option on board will probably be Miller Lite.

Should have put LOL behind the last part. Sorry about that. Was late and pretty tired I'll double check the next time.

IMHO the lower alcohol content on MGD64 is not necessarily a bad thing. Having drank it since it came out there is a big difference in drinking the 64 over a Lite/Coors Lite now.

Believe me I have a back-up, its called Vodka with diet Pepsi/Coke or diet 7-up.

Again Steve/Steph and all others my apologies on forgetting the LOL part!!!

August1963

I wish they would serve MGD64, but they don't.

For those that want to flame about that, there is a reason I drink it.

I am diabetic and with 2.4 carbs I can actully have a few and still be able to eat pretty good and stay within my Carb intake for my meals!

Best of both worlds!!!!!

Have you tried Select 55 ? 55 cal. per beer helps with the weight. However.....I also will have a couple of Miller Lites thrown in for the better taste / "buzz" !:D

Should have put LOL behind the last part. Sorry about that. Was late and pretty tired I'll double check the next time.

IMHO the lower alcohol content on MGD64 is not necessarily a bad thing. Having drank it since it came out there is a big difference in drinking the 64 over a Lite/Coors Lite now.

Believe me I have a back-up, its called Vodka with diet Pepsi/Coke or diet 7-up.

Again Steve/Steph and all others my apologies on forgetting the LOL part!!!

And I apologize as well. We've all done it where what you type doesn't come across the way you want it. Good back-up choice :)

SE NC

Thanks for that info, but that is an AB product.

Work in the beverage industry and for me Miller/Coors pays the bills. LOL

I work in the beverage industry too, and I don't have to strictly drink what I rep (craft beer) FWIW, though, I hate Bud products!

Mich Ultra served on the ships comes in aluminum bottles that are 17.9 ounces each, not 16 oz as posted above. I Don't drink Bud or Bud Light, but I do love Mich Ultra and Mich Light. in my younger years I was loyal to Miller Products, being as my last name is Miller. In the 70's I'd drink the little Miller Pony's... Somewhere along the line for me though, Miller and Miller Light beer lost their taste. I don't drink them anymore at all.

Mich Ultra served on the ships comes in aluminum bottles that are 17.9 ounces each, not 16 oz as posted above. I Don't drink Bud or Bud Light, but I do love Mich Ultra and Mich Light. in my younger years I was loyal to Miller Products, being as my last name is Miller. In the 70's I'd drink the little Miller Pony's... Somewhere along the line for me though, Miller and Miller Light beer lost their taste. I don't drink them anymore at all.

Interesting, the bar menu has them listed under the 16oz size. I honestly can't remember the size from when I cruised last. I love that we are getting almost another 2 ounces for the same price as the other beers! Can't wait until I'm sitting on the Lido deck enjoying my bucket of Mich Ultras!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived