first time

lfcboro

Oh not good to hear that ExR as the only 2 cruises we've done were on the ruby and emerald princess. Although the only reason we booked the island escape was to see our daughter ( one of the vocalists this year) I'm still hoping to have a great cruise. Going to go with an open mind and not try to compare with princess

Island Escape is great for a first cruise. It's informal, relaxed and is basically a floating 3 star hotel.

The only time I wouldn't recommend Island cruises is for those who have been on other cruises such as RCI, Princess, P&O, Celebrity etc. The ship standards are a mile apart but that certainly doesn't make Island Cruises bad.

The Island Escape was the first cruise I did and I loved every minute of it. I wouldn't do it again though.

11 times this year..should have been 13 but for thomson changing ships at christmases...Hate it :p

Island Escape is great for a first cruise. It's informal, relaxed and is basically a floating 3 star hotel.

The only time I wouldn't recommend Island cruises is for those who have been on other cruises such as RCI, Princess, P&O, Celebrity etc. The ship standards are a mile apart but that certainly doesn't make Island Cruises bad.

The Island Escape was the first cruise I did and I loved every minute of it. I wouldn't do it again though.

Hi all! :)

I would more or less agree with this. However, IE is the only ship we have been on so have nothing to compare it with! My daughter likes familiarity so we have just booked again this morning! We gave her a choice & this is it! :eek:

Mo.

Hi all! :)

I would more or less agree with this. However, IE is the only ship we have been on so have nothing to compare it with! My daughter likes familiarity so we have just booked again this morning! We gave her a choice & this is it! :eek:

Mo.

Hi Mo, I've only been on the IE and Celebration which weren't miles apart, IMO, so it will be interesting going on the Dream. The best part of the Celebration is the fact that passengers can walk all around the ship on the promenade deck, the worst part is the vibration. Going back on the IE it was good not to have to orientate ourselves and we settled in quickly. Will report back on the Dream when we get back.:):)

Jan

Can any of you tell me how far the docks are from the airport. As thinking of booking flights separately from cruise and just trying to work out costs etc

Going to try and surprise Danni

Jenny

Can any of you tell me how far the docks are from the airport. As thinking of booking flights separately from cruise and just trying to work out costs etc

Going to try and surprise Danni

Jenny

Hi Jenny if your talking of Palma airport we have booked flight and cruise separately and organised a taxi to pick us up 20/25mins and 20 euros was quoted.

Hi Mo, I've only been on the IE and Celebration which weren't miles apart, IMO, so it will be interesting going on the Dream. The best part of the Celebration is the fact that passengers can walk all around the ship on the promenade deck, the worst part is the vibration. Going back on the IE it was good not to have to orientate ourselves and we settled in quickly. Will report back on the Dream when we get back.:):)

Jan

Hi Jan. :) I must say the Dream did appeal to me and I will look forward to your report. The itinerary for our 2 weeks included the places we wanted to visit. Also there is quite a difference in price - IE suiting us better! :D

I'm sure you will have a great time! :)

Mo

Hi Mo. It should be interesting comparing the Dream with the IE and we expect the cabins to be a lot better. Let's face it that wouldn't be difficult, lol. We wouldn't be going that far at all though if the plane didn't give us good leg room and after the sardine cans they've inflicted on us lately it should be pure luxury.:)

Jan

Thanks all for the info on taxis and fare from the airport. Another quick question if I may :) what time is boarding and disembarking? Just so I know what flights to try for. Is changeover day always a Tuesday as well

Thanks again

Jen

I think we get in from the UK about 11ish? and are allowed on board then..maybe earlier and yes Always Tuesday this year for the Island Escape.

Disembarkation is anything up to late evening I have know some passengers to leave very late due to Flights being late, the good Ship Normally sales about 23:00.

hi fantasie just wondered who you booked your flights through. im thinking of going some time in june and not sure whether to book flight now or wait till nearer the time.

jenny

Hi Jenny

Booked my flights through jet 2 from Leeds/Bradford if you register with them you get points for free flights (yippee another holiday) their site is very easy to use(it has to be with me ) keep a eye on dates surrounding when you want to go use the full month view that way you can book when the price goes down and it may be cheaper to stay on for a few days in a hotel with the money saved.

Hi to all of you,

it's been a while to wait but only two days left until me and the much better half set sail on the seasons maiden voyage, I wonder what the new regime will be regarding the safety drill seeing as though we don't set sail till late.

I know both Ross Roberts and Katie Luff are back on board so should be a good do.

Does any one have any ideas what to do in Toulon on our own?

Hi Joff, it depends on what day you arrive in Toulon? most of the times we have arrived on Sunday and very little to do in this lovely Town but if you do arrive on a weekday there are some lovely shops and eating/drinking places all along the quay area just 5 minutes from the ship. plus a mini train to get about and tour.

Also Hayley Jayne Littlewood is the ACD

Also Look Here for some more local info regarding Toulon.

May as well start now then:-

Tuesday morning ish Boarded the ship and headed for the bar,

Wednesday Bar ?

Thursday Bar ?

Friday Bar ?

Saturday Bar ?

Sunday Toulon ?

Monday Barcelona Tapas & Vino followed by bar?

Tuesday Palma & Home

The food was good, the entertainment was superb and the vino was wet.

full report on the shows and entertainment as well please. Good or bad , i can take the critism even though im biased about the talent of the cast. plus you'll prob catch my daughter at some bar at some point in the cruise as after four yours at uni she is a seasoned drinker.( dont tell her i said that though:))

enjoy your cruise.

May as well start now then:-

Tuesday morning ish Boarded the ship and headed for the bar,

Wednesday Bar ?

Thursday Bar ?

Friday Bar ?

Saturday Bar ?

Sunday Toulon ?

Monday Barcelona Tapas & Vino followed by bar?

Tuesday Palma & Home

The food was good, the entertainment was superb and the vino was wet.

Sounds like my kinda cruise lol

Archived