San Francisco new cruise terminal ground breaking

CL-JW

Fabulous! And a wonderful location for all.

The only problem I have with San Francisco as a cruise port is that too many cruise lines spend two days here in port. Great for most people but for those of us who live here, it is two days too many. There are far too few cruises for those of us on the west coast. :(

The only problem I have with San Francisco as a cruise port is that too many cruise lines spend two days here in port. Great for most people but for those of us who live here, it is two days too many. There are far too few cruises for those of us on the west coast. :(

Blame the Passenger Services Act. It stifles the domestic cruise market in favor of protecting all of those U.S. flag ships.

Be grateful that you live every day in a place that a lot of people get only two days in.

What cruiselines spend 2 days???? most spend a day. Or others are turn aorund days. The only ones I know of are on world tours.

I wish we had 2 days, on our last coastal cruise, so we could have shown the others we were cruising with more of SF.

What cruiselines spend 2 days???? most spend a day. Or others are turn aorund days. The only ones I know of are on world tours.

I wish we had 2 days, on our last coastal cruise, so we could have shown the others we were cruising with more of SF.

Just to name a few, and they are all 7-8 day cruises. Some out of LA, Vancouver, maybe San Diego? - I cannot remember all the details:

Princess Sapphire (2013)

Celebrity Milennium - 9/12

Celebrity Century 5/12

Disney Wonder 9/12 and 10/12

Actually, I would love that more cruises originated in San Francisco, for obvious reasons, of course. It makes a fabulous destination port and I believe it offers many different flight options - San Jose, Oakland, SFO. Similar with the same options south Florida has with Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, etc.

Archived