Adventure of the Seas Secrets... Anyone???

Loveynj

I have seen threads about secrets and tips in reagrds to other ships. Does anyone have any secrets or special tips about the Adventure they can share? I will be on the Adventure in December with my family and don't want to miss out on anything

OP - That is a great question. I have been reading all the reviews I can find, but that does not mean they are all the tips/secrets out there. I too would love any special secrets and tips people have to offer about the AOS as we are traveling on her the end of next month.

Erika

Was on AOS in Feb. Loved it! Sorry, we never went to Johnny Rockets so can't answer. The entire week we were there nobody was ever in the Viking Lounge. Enjoy some great snack mix while looking out over the water. Very relaxing! Find the deck behind the bridge. Can't remember specifically but I think you go out the forward doors on deck 4 or 5 and go up the stairs. The staff was fantastic on this ship. THE best bartender ever had. Try the champagne bar on deck 5 outside the dining room. Gia is so wonderful. They have an amazing assortment of appetizers too. Have fun!

Check to see when Puerto Rican schools are on break, and DON'T go then! Embarkation breaks down then, and it takes hours to board. Also, the locals tend to take their entire extended family with them (one young man told us he was traveling with 76!!! relatives. And they all go places together, so it gets crowded in the elevators, stairs, etc. Unfortunately, at least part of December is when this occurs. We sailed the 11th, and the 18th appeared to be just as hectic during boarding.

Now, the good stuff, probably not secrets, but still! - The Schooner bar makes great drinks, and is usually quiet except when there's a trivia contest. I think the "deck behind the bridge" is either on deck 10 or 11 - very cool. We too loved the Viking lounge. Make sure you go to the Quest game - adults only though.

Very nice bar on sports deck think it called 19th hole? very swish, probably the nicest bar, I didnt like AOS , not many activities/competetions organised , lots of quizzes by people who could not speak English making it difficult to understand.

I would love to find out what time Jonny Rockets opens on this ship! I have read that they are open for breakfast and it is free, but I am not sure if it is on the Adventure and what time it opens.

At the present time Johnny Rocket's is open for breakfast only on Oasis and Allure.

I have seen threads about secrets and tips in reagrds to other ships. Does anyone have any secrets or special tips about the Adventure they can share? I will be on the Adventure in December with my family and don't want to miss out on anything

Hey Loveynj! Here are some extensive threads on the Adventure that should be very helpful:

For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

AOS 7/19-7/26 - 1st time Cruiser Review with pics!

Toonjie's AOS Review

Enjoy your cruise! We had a great time on the Adventure :)

Archived