Color testing?

cruisinnancy

I've seen a lot of posts about different color sets for you to wear that flatter your natural coloring. Is this something you paid to have done or is there a website that I can go to? I'd love to find out what colors look best on me.

I have brown hair and blue eyes and fair skin if that helps ?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Well, we used to have a resident color expert dude, but then he became a daddy and his hands are full! The issue isn't the color, it's the tone - is it warm or cool? Warm tones have yellow or orange undertones. Cool have pink or blue. And as far as hair goes, it has to be your natural color in natural lighting. It's usually easier to determine in children but not always.

Anybody have the link to Curt's website? I didn't need it since I've known I was a winter/ice for 35 years. Some use seasons, but Curt uses ice, earth, etc.

Hi Nancy!

I believe you must be talking about the EARTH and FIRE threads here on this board. :D

There IS a website that you can go to:

http://fireiceearthandair.wordpress.com/

Our beloved Curt...aka Curt Jerome Wild...aka CJW on these boards is our color expert. He has imagined a new identification system for understanding what quality of colors make you look your best...evening out your skin tone so that you need less makeup, in general...all the while, looking younger...looking healthier...and FEELING great.

Using clarity and temperature, we can identify four different color combinations that then create four different color palettes.

1. Clear and Warm...aka FIRE...think tropical colors...aqua, coral, sunny yellow, CA poppy orange, tomato red, granny apple green...etc etc.

2. Muted and Warm...aka EARTH...think Autumn or Canyon Country...rust, forest green, brown, mustard, brick, etc etc.

3. Clear and Cool...aka ICE...think exercise clothing! LOL or jewel tones...black, white, hot pink, blue (cherry/ruby) red, emerald green, sapphire blue, etc etc.

4. Muted and Cool...aka AIR...think of the misty, foggy lakeside shore or pastels...gray, navy, rose, lavender, periwinkle, baby blue, baby lemon yellow, etc etc.

The thing is that every color CAN be found in every clarity and temperature...I am an EARTH lady and I have definitely mispurchased muted versions of army green, aqua, yellow, and BROWN from the AIR palette. Very frustrating. So even though you may think it would be extremely difficult to find a muted, warm version of each and every color...it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you have a favorite color, you just have to identify the version that you can wear successfully.

You can browse through the blog above to see if you can diagnose yourself...OR...you can consult with Curt through the internet for a nominal fee. I believe every single one of the ladies on both threads have consulted with Curt...we will all sing his praise forever because this knowledge has made such a difference to us. You'd be surprised what the feeling is like to see yourself suddenly GLOW simply because you picked the right color.

Shoot, I'd be hard to determine! I have roseaca with incredibly bright red cheecks as well as my very visable blue vains. On the other hand I've always had more of a yellowish tone to my skin. It's like on family medical history questionnaires that I can't answer because I'm adopted, I can't answer the coloring question either! I've always been a puzzle, this only confirms it ;)

Keep in mind that it's not exact, either. I'm an ICE and I can't wear green of ANY shade, and a vibrant lavender is actually a great color for me.

The best thing to do is to try on a ton of colors and be honest with yourself.

Better yet, try on a ton of colors and have a friend go with you and take photos of you (just shoulders up so you aren't distracted by overall fit) and then look at them at home where you can really determine what makes you look great and what you might have thought looked great because of the cut or fabric, but in reality the color is all wrong.

Archived