Local time vs. ship time

maureenk

I thought I had read someplace that Holland America stays on ship time while St. Martin time is one hour ahead but now I can't find any reference to it. Does anyone one know if the ship changes time to be on St. Martin time or if the ship stays on it's own time and there is a 1 hour time difference? I know that there will be info on it in our daily papers but just trying to plan. Thanks!

I thought I had read someplace that Holland America stays on ship time while St. Martin time is one hour ahead but now I can't find any reference to it. Does anyone one know if the ship changes time to be on St. Martin time or if the ship stays on it's own time and there is a 1 hour time difference? I know that there will be info on it in our daily papers but just trying to plan. Thanks!

From your signature, you will be leaving from Florida in February. St. Martin will be 1 hour ahead, on Atlantic Standard Time. Florida, of course, will be Eastern Standard Time. If the ship instructs you to put your watch ahead ahead one hour before arriving at the island then you will be synched with AST and ships time will be the same. If they don't, then keep your watch on ship's time as you wander around the island.

• 4 months later...

Archived