Price of taxi from Miami Airport to Port Everglades

patross

I am not sure whether to purchase a Celebrity transfer from Miami Airport to Port Everglades, or take a taxi. I know with a transfer we must wait for the bus to fill up before it leaves. A taxi is more convenient for that reason. Does anyone know the price of a taxi?

There is a shuttle service, search the boards as I cannot remember the name, but the cost is only $15 a person or so. But if you don't mind the cost, taxi is more convienent or maybe look into having a car service pick you up, sometimes that is a better deal then a cab.

Traffic? You Americans want to come to London. Then we will show you what real traffic is. Our lovely M25 for example, 2 hours to get to the next turn off some 5 to 10 miles away. Or try our North Circular Road at 5.30pm.

Better still if you can drive the 18 miles from the suburbs to central London in less than 90 mins you are doing well.

You can get from Miami Airport to FLL Airport via train (fairly cheap) or you can rent a car at Miami Airport and drop off at FLL (better if you want to do some siteseeing ahead of time). Either way, the taxi from FLL airport to cruise ship is about $20.

I am assuming that you will have got off a long haul flight, then gone through customs which at Miami can take anything up to 2 hours, and then you collect your bags.

The last thing you want is hassle to get to the ship after all the travelling you have done so far and in the grand scheme of things an extra $100 on a taxi is neither here nor there and certainly more convenient.

• 2 years later...
Name of shuttle service from MIA TO PORT EVERGLADES

please.

Dale dachshundpoodle@gmail.com

I'd really like that info too!

Celebrity changed their port from FLL to MIA. I always arrive in port 2 days prior to cruising and love spending that time in FLL. Not sure I would like 2 days in MIA so I'm planning to take a taxi/ train/ shuttle from FLL to MIA on cruise day

beachwahine@sbcglobal.net

Thanks so much, Molly

I'd really like that info too!

Celebrity changed their port from FLL to MIA. I always arrive in port 2 days prior to cruising and love spending that time in FLL. Not sure I would like 2 days in MIA so I'm planning to take a taxi/ train/ shuttle from FLL to MIA on cruise day

beachwahine@sbcglobal.net

Thanks so much, Molly

I fly into MOA NEED TO GO TO PORT EVERGLADES.

Traffic? You Americans want to come to London. Then we will show you what real traffic is. Our lovely M25 for example, 2 hours to get to the next turn off some 5 to 10 miles away. Or try our North Circular Road at 5.30pm.

Better still if you can drive the 18 miles from the suburbs to central London in less than 90 mins you are doing well.

Miami on a Thursday night at 5pm is pretty horrendous as well!

Especially if the Taxi driver doesn't speak English ( the 1st language of Miami Airport is Spanish) he phoned his base x3 when taking us to our Hotel( Best Western Plus at Doral)

I wasn't sure if he was lost, or trying to take a quicker route.

Whatever, it cost $50.