Cape Liberty to Newark Airport

journeymore

just grab a cab at the pier...there are many...but do yourself a favor and either do self assist, or ask for an early number.....

you should be OK....but if the ship is late.....or whatever, you may be in trouble....(pray for no snow....seriously there was a time when there was about a foot of snow..and all the shoreside staff was late....many people missed flights, etc...but then again, with that much snow, you're not going anyplace! lol)

I have the same issue, arriving on April 10th hopefully at 8am at the port and flight back to Germany leaves 12:20pm. In April with no snow hopefully ;-)

I was not thinking that it might be an issue to deboard. How is it managed? Do we have to get a deboarding time and they take our luggage or can we even say we will leave the ship by 8:15 and take the bags ourselves?

Thanks from Germany

Self disembarkation is first - you can sign up (check with guest services early in the cruise) to be among the first to leave carrying your luggage. If the ship is on time, I don't see a problem being at Newark Airport 2 hours ahead of your international flight. You can get an early disembarkation time (8-8:30), but since your time is tight, I would do the self-disembarkation and take your luggage with you - if anything goes wrong and your bags are not in the terminal, you will be delayed trying to get them.

Archived