Ladies, show me your cruise dress!

ajhunt2

Oh Gizzie, that reminds me that one of mine for my June cruise is my wedding dress too! It's this one: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Halter-Chiffon-A-Line-with-Center-Front-Draping-BR1007_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Silhouette-A-Line

Just curious to know if you are renewing your vows or anything? I got flamed pretty bad for suggesting that a simple wedding dress could make a nice formal dress in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1553002&highlight=the+limited

Just curious to know if you are renewing your vows or anything? I got flamed pretty bad for suggesting that a simple wedding dress could make a nice formal dress in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1553002&highlight=the+limited

I'm having an embarkation day wedding. I should have clarified that I'm not wearing this for formal night, in fact will be sailing on NCL where there are no formal nights. I have a new long and slightly sparkly purple dress that I love for "dress up or not" night. Left it at my mother's house after buying it at an after Christmas sale because I didn't have room for it in my suitcase -- will post a picture of it after I return from cruising with her in March.

Here are my 2 formal dresses from my last cruise. I decided to wear two floor length dresses...

CarnivalValor2012063.jpg

CarnivalValor2012345.jpg

I found that not many people were wearing floor length dresses, but I didn't really care. I always seize the opportunity on cruises to wear my floor length gowns, as they just sit in my closet collecting dust the other 364 days out of the year :P

Hi - I'm new to this thread and just had to say something. I LOVE the multi-colored one; it is GORGEOUS!! Where did you get it?

I haven't purchased this yet because I'm still considering my options... but let me know what you think of this. If I do purchase it, I want to remove the black ribbon belt and replace it with a satin red belt and wear red pumps or wedges. What do you think?

ScreenShot2012-02-23at35519AM.png

Edited by jerray07

I'm also considering these options:

ScreenShot2012-02-23at40842AM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-23at41031AM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-23at41146AM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-23at41443AM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-23at41528AM.png

A little about me: I'm average height, have long dark hair (I mention this because it makes red look best on me), and am "gifted" in the chest area. So something that emphasizes the bust does not work well for me as they make me look even larger.

Tell me which you like best!!!! I need help as this is my first ever cruise!

A little about me: I'm average height, have long dark hair (I mention this because it makes red look best on me), and am "gifted" in the chest area. So something that emphasizes the bust does not work well for me as they make me look even larger.

The black and white one in your other post will make a nice dress for a casual cruise night. For elegant/formal night I like the last two (the red one and the black one). I'm not a fan of the pastel one. It reminds me of a Tinkerbell costume. ;)

I haven't purchased this yet because I'm still considering my options... but let me know what you think of this. If I do purchase it, I want to remove the black ribbon belt and replace it with a satin red belt and wear red pumps or wedges. What do you think?

ScreenShot2012-02-23at35519AM.png

Replacing the black belt with a red satin belt is an excellent idea. I think the contrasting colors will accent the dress nicely. The red shoes will be great and will pick up the color of the belt.

I often wear red belts with a black dress or any color which will compliment red. It's often the right accessories that make the outfit! :)

#4 red is a classy, sexy and shapely dress. My fav You will get a lot if admiring looks without a doubt

I like the last two! Esp the red one!

0084768702200_60X60.gif

And because I can't get a bigger pic,

http://www.walmart.com/ip/goddess-convertible-dress/19411356

It's one of those dresses you can change the way you do the straps. Gonna be my beach dress or maybe my embarkation dress. LOL

And only $18!!!!

Got this dress today!!! It's such a GREAT color and the material seems really nice. Now I just need to figure out how to do the straps all the different ways as it really didn't come with any instructions.

Got this dress today!!! It's such a GREAT color and the material seems really nice. Now I just need to figure out how to do the straps all the different ways as it really didn't come with any instructions.

Bought the interchangable style for daughter and it had a tag for a web site to show the different ways. Not sure which web site so maybe google it, it is a video from what she told me.

Bought the interchangable style for daughter and it had a tag for a web site to show the different ways. Not sure which web site so maybe google it, it is a video from what she told me.

This is why I love youtube!

in case anyone else gets a dress like this

Here is my husband and I on the Liberty last March. My dress was simple, but it was a nice red satin and after having lost 120 lbs over the year before, it was nice to be able to wear something nice and fitting!

199531_561854592105_37401327_31768830_984265_n.jpg

I think I have this same exact dress. Did you get it at Cache?