Ladies, show me your cruise dress!

ajhunt2

Thank you, everybody. I'm really excited about it. I was extremely lucky to find such a gorgeous dress with such a perfect fit and phenomenal price. Now I just need to send it to my mother who lives near Port Everglades to be cleaned and pressed and we're ready to go!

The other formal night should be the evening of my wedding so of course I will be wearing the wedding gown for that (even though we will not be eating in the MDR.) That's out with the seamstress being taken in but since my FH and guests are not on this board I don't mind posting pics of that as well once I have some.

This is part of what excites me so much about cruising! (we haven't even been on one and I already have 3 more itineraries I want to book.) Having a closet full of pretty gowns. I just wish I had more occasions to wear them.

Edited by JulieRose

You said it! I was really excited about it. I <3 second hand shops but it's rare that I find a formal dress that needs no alterations. I have pretty "odd" measurements.

I have a pretty big booty, so I love dresses that are more A-line and fall away from the body like the one you chose. :)

I have a pretty big booty, so I love dresses that are more A-line and fall away from the body like the one you chose. :)

That's funny because I like it for exactly the opposite reason! I have no hips or rump to speak of so it gives the illusion that I do.

See, A-lines are awesome...nobody knows what's under them, lol.;):D

agreed! My seamstress yelled at me this week for suggesting that we should taper my wedding gown. it seemed like the right thing to do at the time but now that I consider it, that A-line is what is gonna make me a hot bride.

I was going to get the bold dress and they were out if my size

Sigh

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329337823.629440.jpg.2a25a6040502729924c19dc52847b282.jpg

Soooo... I have to find another

Will post picture when I figure which 1 of 4 I am getting

For those who don't know I am doing 30 day cruise so more retirees than young ones on the cruise. I am 51

Why not

I'm going to try to post the 4 dresses in looking at

I have 1 black with bling around the neck already. Just above knee and velvet

This will be dress 2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329338095.266472.jpg.cf102d26336aea2159b36439dfc1893a.jpg

Ok. Hope the 4 pix made it

I'm a size 16 so these dresses should flatter

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329338057.931984.jpg.cc45ef388b007dcba8f4c05b4cac294e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329338068.485131.jpg.469516afd79e73e30c3a71c1bc191805.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329338082.234887.jpg.94f5f283d7055d605d511128a68b949c.jpg