Beach day at which island?

lrhyne11

Due to budget constraints, I can't do excursions on all the Southern Caribbean stops. For those that have done the Southern Caribbean, which island would be the best to not do an excursion and just go to a beach for the day - St Thomas, St Kitts or St Lucia?

Thanks for the help!

I would choose St Kitt's first, St Thomas 2nd, and St Lucia 3rd.

A few ideas in case you hit a beach at any of these -

St Kitt's - Frigate Bay South is a great spot to relax and swim, and enjoy Mr X Shiggidy Shack Bar & Grill and the Monkey Bar.

Or splurge and take the cat sail over to Nevis and enjoy Pinney's Beach and Sunshine's Beach Bar and Grill. He serves the "Killer Bee" cocktail.

St Thomas - Sapphire Beach (or Coki if you don't mind a busier vibe). Both are beautiful St Thomas beaches and good for snorkeling.

St Lucia - Rodney Bay for fun vibe or Pigeon Island for laid back and a great White Sand drink from the bar.

Best beach would be over on St. John (Trunk Bay) from St. Thomas.

And one of the most crowded! If STJ is a destination review our posts on TA.

But I would choose a beach on St Thomas for a cruise day, not enough time to travel as we learned early on.

On St Kitts, I would recommend an excursion to Brimstone Hill. It is probably the most spectacular view and fort in the Caribbean. The beaches in the southern Caribbean are typically volcanic and brown sand, so not as spectacular. They also have mountains and run off which makes them more interesting for hiking and other land activities.

On St Lucia, there are some boat trips to the Pitons, which is a gorgeous area.

The USVI for beaches!:D

I think St. Lucia is a great port to do an excursion - we did one with Cosol which was a fabulous day!!!!! Fairly reasonable and worth every penny. I am sure if you google Cosol St. Lucia he will come up. He met his groups right at the port, we travelled in air conditioned vans - and it was just a spectacular day!!!!

I think St. Lucia is a great port to do an excursion - we did one with Cosol which was a fabulous day!!!!! Fairly reasonable and worth every penny. I am sure if you google Cosol St. Lucia he will come up. He met his groups right at the port, we travelled in air conditioned vans - and it was just a spectacular day!!!!

St Lucia is a beautiful island and I would agree with an island tour over a beach day there. There are several excellent operators and you will find very helpful ideas on the St. Lucia forum on tripadvisor.com. Also check the island forums in the Ports of Call forum here, and check into your roll call in the roll call forum here to see what other folks on your cruise are planning.

St Kitt's ans St Thomas are both great beach islands.

Archived