What cruise line are you using to cruise Hawaii?

Florida_cruisers

Which cruise line did you choose?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise line did you choose?

To me there is no choice, NCL is the only option! Honolulu to Honolulu in a week with no Fanning Island, that speaks for itself!

Amen to that James8! But...everyone needs to see Fanning Island sometime - it is worth the trip!

Amen to that James8! But...everyone needs to see Fanning Island sometime - it is worth the trip!

I've not been to Fanning Island, so I have no opinion on it's quality as a "port." People seem to either love it or hate it. However, we would not do the NCL that incorporates Fanning because it takes far too much time away from Hawaii. For a Hawaii cruise, I don't want sea days and I don't want to go somewhere else; I just want island days. I'm not saying the NCL cruise to Fanning is bad, just that we won't be taking it for any reason--too much money for a cruise that won't give us what we would be looking for on a Hawaii cruise. However, I would love to do the Hawaii-Tahiti (Society Islands) that Princess does from time to time, but at this point it's out of the running budget-wise.

beachchick

Hawaii: Worth the trip no matter how you do it--7 day cruise, longer cruise, repositioning cruise, land trip. Just get there! And Aloha to all.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on when you can go, NCL may be your only choice. They are the only one that currently operates year round Hawaii cruises. The week I went, NCL Pride of Aloha was the only choice. If I go back, I will take the PO America, or a different cruise line. NCL ships have the advantage of starting and stopping in Hawaii, so the time spent on the islands is maximized. The down side is that the cruise experience on the NCL Pride of Aloha is not compatiable with the other mainstream lines. Hopefully, Pride of America will be better. I suggest reading cruise reviews for several of the cruiselines/ships for Hawaii before deciding what suits you best.

In the summer of 2006 the Tahitian Princess will be doing 12 days Tahiti to Hawaii and then opposite itinerary the next time. Prices won't be out until the week of June 13 though. We are anxious to check this one out.

We cruised on POA May 22. We found it to be a great way to see all the islands if you only have a week or so. We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. I would recommend it to anyone. We would do it again in a minute!

I didn't know which cruise line to take (or which I could afford). Then my travel agent told me about a cruise on 9/23/06 that costs about $1330 for 14 days on the Radiance of the Seas. That was it for me. I couldn't find a cheaper cruise, and I've heard the ship is beautiful. I also heard the RCCL food is not as good, but I would eat at Denny's to be able to cruise to Hawaii!

Archived