Paradise cat 12 penthouse suite, whats it'like?

kernow

We have just booked a cat 12 cabin for the 4 day sailing from Long Beach on 24 oct. Has anyone stayed in these cabins, what facilities has it got and are there any special perks for being in a suite?

Thanks

Julie

The only perk you will get is a skippers club which gives you priorty check in. Other then that you get the same perks as the people in stearage...lol

But your suite will have a juccuzzi tub instead of a shower...plus the cabin is bigger. On the fantasy class ship the suites are the only balconies available on the ship.

We have just booked a cat 12 cabin for the 4 day sailing from Long Beach on 24 oct. Has anyone stayed in these cabins, what facilities has it got and are there any special perks for being in a suite?

Thanks

Julie

I have stayed in a Category 12 Cabin nine times: (Carnivale, Ecstasy, Truimph(twice), Fantasy, Pride, Sensation, Conquest & Glory). The Cat. 12 cabin in the Fantasy Class is just Ok compared to the Destiny Class and Spirit Class. There are no obstructed views (CAT. 12) on the Fantasy and Destiny Class. There are some partially obstructed views on the Spirit Class. I have no idea about the Holiday Class.

Don't forget about the Skipper's Club!

Cat. 12 (Fantasy Class - Like the Paradise)

Suites:

* The cabin dimension is 14' x 23 1/2'; the balcony is 14' x 5'

* 18" television

* VCR with remote control

* bar area (not stocked)

* refrigerator (not stocked)

* combination shower/whirlpool/bathtub

* sitting area consists of an L-shaped couch (seats 5), two chairs, and a coffee table.

* twin beds that convert to king

* walk-in closet with plenty of hangers and space

* wall safe in closet is 6"w x 4.5"h x 5"l

* The verandah patio consists of one lounge, two chairs and a small table.

Cabin door to balcony does not always stay open on its own.

Thanks

Julie

What ship? We are in a Penthouse Suite on Fascination 5/2.

We're thinking about doing this on Paradise as well for OCt. 16 of next year (2006) We are a family of 4 and need 3 beds. would this be possible?? i know the couch makes out to one bed--can you get a roll-away? or somehow get another bed?? My 14 year old daughter is 5'11" and by then will probably around 6', then we have a 5yo boy (don't want to put those 2 together) and us. I guess another option would be for us to sleep on the sofa and each of them have one of the twins (beds)?? any ideas???

I've got pictures from a cat 12 on the Elation, the link's in my sig. It's not the Paradise, but it's the next newest ship, and it'll at least give you an idea of the layout, and maybe even the decor. I loved this suite because it was so close to the water - you could really hear the water from your balcony, and see down into the water.

We're thinking about doing this on Paradise as well for OCt. 16 of next year (2006) We are a family of 4 and need 3 beds. would this be possible?? i know the couch makes out to one bed--can you get a roll-away? or somehow get another bed?? My 14 year old daughter is 5'11" and by then will probably around 6', then we have a 5yo boy (don't want to put those 2 together) and us. I guess another option would be for us to sleep on the sofa and each of them have one of the twins (beds)?? any ideas???

A family of 4 will need 4 beds. so you can look at any cabin on the Paradise that fits 3 coz a rollaway will be provided. ALl those suites will hold 4 people on the Paradise. On cruise ships there is no sharing beds, a bed needs to be supplied for every passenger in the cabin. For a family of 4 on the Paradise I would book a true quad cabin so I didnt get a roll away bed.

We sailed on the Paradise back in August. We stayed in cabin U87 (a Cat. 11)...two adults, two teenagers. We had a queen bed (or a king...I'm not sure what it was...it comfortably slept two adults), a pull out couch (which I slept in...very comfy), and a rollaway bed (my sister slept on it...no complaints).

We had PLENTY of room for the four of us...and we had a lot of stuff!

Book a room that fits three and they'll bring in a rollaway...no fuss...no problems :)

I've got pictures from a cat 12 on the Elation, the link's in my sig. It's not the Paradise, but it's the next newest ship, and it'll at least give you an idea of the layout, and maybe even the decor. I loved this suite because it was so close to the water - you could really hear the water from your balcony, and see down into the water.

Very nice pictures :)

It's funny how the rooms vary from ship to ship...looking at your pictures...the suite you had seemed to be IDENTICAL to the cat. 11 we sailed in on the Paradise :) It really did have a nice, spacious layout :)

We had a Cat 12 on the Paradise 2 year ago.

We have 2 small children. The sofa, although L shaped and large, only opens to a single. Our son had to sleep on a rollaway.

They do not compare to the Cat 12 on the newer ships but they are large and just knowing you have the most luxurious cabins on the ship make you feel like royalty. We got ours , last minute upgrade, and loved it.

The kids, however, keep asking when we can have a cabin that large again. They just don't understand it's not the norm for us.

Email me at born2crooz@comcast.net with any questions.

Enjoyed your pictures! Is there a shelf underneath the bathroom sink? I'm trying to plan ahead on storing several items. Thanks for your help. :)

Enjoyed your pictures! Is there a shelf underneath the bathroom sink? I'm trying to plan ahead on storing several items. Thanks for your help. :)

Try an over the door shoe holder. I dont recall a shelf under the sink. (if there is only two people in the cabin what is there in the way of storage is plenty.

We sailed on the Paradise back in August. We stayed in cabin U87 (a Cat. 11)...two adults, two teenagers. We had a queen bed (or a king...I'm not sure what it was...it comfortably slept two adults), a pull out couch (which I slept in...very comfy), and a rollaway bed (my sister slept on it...no complaints).

We had PLENTY of room for the four of us...and we had a lot of stuff!

Book a room that fits three and they'll bring in a rollaway...no fuss...no problems :)

The suites on the upper deck are all 12s...the 11s are on the Verandah deck, and only hold three people, anyway. Sounds like you had the same cabin I did. :)

Not that I remember, but I always seem to recall some sort of shelf under the sink where they usually store the extra tissue and toilet paper, so there should at least be that. If not, there was a shelf to the side that had plenty of space, and if it is just floor space, that might be good for something as long as the ship's not moving too much. I wouldn't worry about storage space in this cabin too much, though, even if you had 4 people in it. :)

The suites on the upper deck are all 12s...the 11s are on the Verandah deck, and only hold three people, anyway. Sounds like you had the same cabin I did. :)

Hmm...well that's interesting LOL. Maybe we were upgraded and not told or something because until now, we were under the impression we were in a cat. 11!

• 3 months later...

My husband and I cruised on the Paradise in the category 12 suite Aug. 2004. The pictures posted by "aggieastrosfan" on April 18th, 2005 at 10:41am, post # 17 is the exact mirror image of our cabin U97. (Great job on the pictures!)

It was the first category 12 we had ever booked, but I did manage to talk my husband into booking a category 12 on the Destiny in October!

The rooms are spacious-but there were only 2 of us-and we never unfolded the couch-so I can't answer if it would be big enough for 4. I will say that the closet is nice; we cruised years ago and had a hard time gettintg our suitcases packed away in the closet. The rooms are 330 square feet and the balcony is 60 sq ft. We only had 2 chairs on the balcony, but there is room for more; I've read that if you ask your room steward that he can provide you with more chairs for the balcony.

Here is a suggestion that may or not be right for you...Two couples who were in the category 12 cabins on this cruise booked the inner cabin category across the hall for their kids. In order to do this, I would say that you would have to say that one adult and one child would be staying in each cabin. It not only gives you more space but an extra bathroom as well.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

Archived