Upsell Fairy called.....I caved

hermitstyle

Out of my 4 cruises with Carnival, I've never had an upsell call. On my upcoming cruise this March on the Glory, I knew that there were still quite a few rooms available, so I was halfheartedly expecting an upsell call, only expecting to get an upsell for a balcony room. Well, I got an upsell for an Ocean Suite for $270pp from an Ocean View room. I caved, because I've never had a suite, never been VIP and I wanted to experience it. I know it wasn't a super amazing upsell, but it still saved me about $500 and was only $140 more than a balcony room. Now I'm even more excited for my cruise!

Oh, I know. My best friend is cruising with me, and this is her first cruise. I told her that this is not good for her, because now she will never sail anything but a suite!:o

Suite Story...very bad but could not resist..sounds great, bon voyage best friends:o:).

Out of my 4 cruises with Carnival, I've never had an upsell call. On my upcoming cruise this March on the Glory, I knew that there were still quite a few rooms available, so I was halfheartedly expecting an upsell call, only expecting to get an upsell for a balcony room. Well, I got an upsell for an Ocean Suite for $270pp from an Ocean View room. I caved, because I've never had a suite, never been VIP and I wanted to experience it. I know it wasn't a super amazing upsell, but it still saved me about $500 and was only $140 more than a balcony room. Now I'm even more excited for my cruise!

Can you put me in your suitcase? Can't wait until we cruise again on the Breeze! By the way, I'm her Mom.

you will not regret it! We got an upsell to a suite a few years ago and absolutely loved the extra room and amazing balcony. We unfortunately got hooked and paid last year for a suite. I do not regret it at all but this year finances are abit different and we are going back to a regular balcony. I am still very excited and I am just grateful that we had the opportunity to enjoy a suite for 2 yrs. Before that we always had balcony rooms and we think they are worth every dime. Others will strongly disagree but each to his own! We love having "down time" in our room and on the balcony. Enjoy your cruise and your EXTRA space:p

Never had a suite, YET, but will. First cruise was on the old original Carnivale, or Mardi Gras. Had a porthole, guess you could call it a "Oceanview Cabin" Got an upgrade to a real o/v on Festival, or Fantasy, and was really spoiled. Then I did a balcony, and have been hooked ever since. Doing the Spirit on 3/16, and can't wait. Hope the "Fairy" will call and give me an offer "I can't refuse" on a suite, but I wouldn't bet on it as it is one of the last trips out of SD before it travels to down under. Happy sailing everyone. Remember, "All people smile in the same language" anon.

Archived