QM2 dead in ocean again having lost all power

SY7DNEY CRUISER

"...Like any fashionable lady, the Queen Mary 2 made her suitors wait, arriving at Fremantle Port about 8am - two hours later than expected.

Strong winds overnight and early this morning delayed the liner's arrival but her majesty made her entrance in style..."

copied from http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/12841515/a-lady-arrives-fashionably-late/

"Like any fashionable lady, the Queen Mary 2 made her suitors wait, arriving at Fremantle Port about 8am - two hours later than expected.

Strong winds overnight and early this morning delayed the liner's arrival but her majesty made her entrance in style."

copied from http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/12841515/a-lady-arrives-fashionably-late/

Yes it was windy here last night Salacia - the furniture on my balcony walked around a bit! I'm wondering if the late Queen's arrival will mean a slightly delayed departure as well, so that they can fit all the tours in...

Yes it was windy here last night Salacia - the furniture on my balcony walked around a bit! I'm wondering if the late Queen's arrival will mean a slightly delayed departure as well, so that they can fit all the tours in...

Aussie Voyager, that's a good point about the possiblility of a slightly delayed departure. I imagine the passengers who were on board with all those continuous days at sea (after Mauritius was cancelled) will not want their time ashore shortened in Freemantle :eek:

She's dead? When did this happen? :)

Hi Aussie Voyager. I wasn't able to watch the sail-away (real life got in the way of my virtual round the world cruise:))...did QM2 depart on schedule from Freemantle? Thanks, -S.

You are correct,,,,,I was in the lift when it lost power, I was trapped and they had to send the rescure team to get me out as no pwer. Do you think that was routine maintenance ?

And again loss of power on the 8th at 2am...

Something is amiss with the vessels system..somewhere...

--------------------------------------------

There is no routine maintenance that involves a power loss in mid ocean!

Something broke down and was fixed, or at least contained, in 15 minutes.

This is obviously a pr reply that is transparantly wrong.

You are correct,,,,,I was in the lift when it lost power, I was trapped and they had to send the rescure team to get me out as no pwer. Do you think that was routine maintenance ?

And again loss of power on the 8th at 2am...

Something is amiss with the vessels system..somewhere...

--------------------------------------------

Were you positioned in the lift so that you could see the activity outside your tiny containment? What did they do to free you since the power was off? With the power off I imagine the lift is mid-decks and the door can't be opened? Or am I wrong? Jack Morris

In answer I advise the doors were forced open by the rescue team. The lift was not positioned exactly at floor level in my case and there was a small jump required. There has been reports in the press y'day of others who also were caught in lifts same time as me, I was not aware of this until I read those reports y'day, although I did wonder if others suffered the same fate in view the many lifts aboard.

Archived