Tipping at Chops

LidoBoy

Its very simple, you don't understand why americans tip the way they do and I don't understand the idea of tipping to go to the bathroom or that the custom of males having to tip a bouncer/door moniter.:D

Its the customs- they are different-and if you are going to travel out of your country then.......:rolleyes:

I will take that as a NO, you did not tip the bathroom attendents even though its your custom

Eum yes I do tip a bathroom attendant, bouncer, etc….It’s not because it is a custom or not, it’s the amount we are talking about. We literally give a bathroom attendant 50 Euro cent….You can’t buy anything over here for that amount (a can of Coke is at least 80 cents to 1 Euro for example)…

For Chops, 30 Dollars extra for a specialty restaurant is a way higher amount and you do get something extra for that in a store. From what I remember of my America trips and visits to your grocery stores tell me that I can get heaps of food products for 30 Dollars….

This why is not logical to me to pay even more, when you already get a cover charge of 30 Dollars…Unless, like I stated form my first post in this thread, somebody goes out of there way they deserve it.

OK, I understand that you do everything you are supposed to do in your country. In this thread we are talking about while you are on a cruise ship, not in your country. Bathroom attendents ON the ship.

Your OP said this, "30$ that you already have to pay extra". Nobody is twisting your arm to pay extra to eat-its all on you. Lots of food is included in the cruise cost.

You brought americans into the conversation by saying,"I will never understand the US tipping system", well what american is twisting your arm to do whatever you think the american system is doing to you?:D

Your last word

• 7 months later...
heres a quickie for you. Do you guys leave cash or do you add it to any extras that you buy? Say for instance you only drink water so there is no way to add a tip on a bill? Do you just leave cash on the table or hand it to a waiter. just wondering

You always get a bill. Even if you have booked online in advance you will get a bill which shows a zero balance. It is your choice to add to this bill, thereby charging the tip to your seapass or just leave cash.

You always get a bill. Even if you have booked online in advance you will get a bill which shows a zero balance. It is your choice to add to this bill, thereby charging the tip to your seapass or just leave cash.

That's right. One of our last dinners at Chops had been booked and paid for online pre-cruise. We still received a receipt with a -0- balance. Left an extra $20.00 in the folder on the table when we left.

Archived