Any connecting cabins on the Emerald?

aloisia

Does the Emerald have any connecting cabins? I've looked at the deck plans but cannot seem to see any - I know we had connecting rooms on the Sapphire.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

There are only true connecting cabins (and very few at that) on the Island/Coral/Diamond/Sapphire.

Think the small ships may have some too.

There are only true connecting cabins (and very few at that) on the Island/Coral/Diamond/Sapphire.

Think the small ships may have some too.

Yes, the Ocean and Pacific Princess also have connecting cabins.

Most balcony cabins on most Princess ships have a door in the balcony divider that can be opened to provide access between cabins without having to go into the hallway. Check the deck plans on the Grand-class ships and if there's a fire door indicated in the hallway, those cabins' balconies can't be opened on either side of the fire door.

• 6 months later...
Yes, the Ocean and Pacific Princess also have connecting cabins.

Most balcony cabins on most Princess ships have a door in the balcony divider that can be opened to provide access between cabins without having to go into the hallway. Check the deck plans on the Grand-class ships and if there's a fire door indicated in the hallway, those cabins' balconies can't be opened on either side of the fire door.

Pam, You usually are the person with all of the correct info, but I believe that your info above is not correct for the Grand class ships. This is the photo of the door in the partition between D400 and D330 on the Sapphire. I didn't try to have the door opened, but that is certainly not a fire door in the partition.

DSC02972.JPG

This is someone else's photo (but I don't know who to credit) that shows all doors opened.

Balcony%2520Doors%2520Open%2520on%2520Diamond%2520Princess%2520from%2520caribill.jpg

Pam, You usually are the person with all of the correct info, but I believe that your info above is not correct for the Grand class ships.

This is someone else's photo (but I don't know who to credit) that shows all doors opened.

Balcony%2520Doors%2520Open%2520on%2520Diamond%2520Princess%2520from%2520caribill.jpg

This picture was from the Star Princess

Hope you didn't mind me using your photo. I have made a note and if, with your permission, I ever post again I will give you credit for the photo.

No problem.

More important that the ship be identified than my being identified.

Pam, You usually are the person with all of the correct info, but I believe that your info above is not correct for the Grand class ships. This is the photo of the door in the partition between D400 and D330 on the Sapphire. I didn't try to have the door opened, but that is certainly not a fire door in the partition.

DSC02972.JPG

The fire door would be in the passageway outside the cabin.

Some decks/ships in line with that fire door the outside balcony partition cannot be opened.

It is just a solid panel and not a door.

The fire door would be in the passageway outside the cabin.

Some decks/ships in line with that fire door the outside balcony partition cannot be opened.

It is just a solid panel and not a door.

All I was saying was that the photos from the Star and Sapphire show that this is not the case on the Grand Class ships.

Archived