Paying Royal Carribean

Henk

Not sure whether you've tried this or not yet, but when you initially book the reservation, the site asks you to ID an "owner". If that person isn't you, they will have the payment button but you won't. Happens to us all the time. Sometimes DW books the cruise and sometimes I book it. If she's listed as the owner, I don't see the payment button unless I log on as her. If RCI's vacation planner was designated as the owner, then only they can make payments, and you'd have to call them with your payment info.

No Payment tab, 100% nothing, no way I could ever make a payment through that website.

Henk, from the "my cruises" page, can you get to the "vacation summary" page? If so, does it list your outstanding balance? I've paid my cruise in full, so I no longer see a payment tab either; but if I recall, there was a "make a payment" tab as long as I had an outstanding balance.

I'm also in Europe and when I go to the "My Cruises" page, there is a tab on the left side under "Countdown to Cruise" that says "Make a payment". I click that and again on the next page there is a "Make a Payment" tab again.

Works fine for me.

Since we don't share your problem, how can we fix it?:confused:

On the vacation summary page there is no info abouth my outstanding balance. All the information abouth the reservation (stateroom etc. is there but nothing about my balance and certainly not a buttom to pay.

On the vacation summary page there is no info abouth my outstanding balance. All the information abouth the reservation (stateroom etc. is there but nothing about my balance and certainly not a buttom to pay.

Have you tried another web browser? Not sure which you are using? Try firefox? Just a thought is all...

Just throwing this out there as an idea but wasn't there an issue with which browser you use when trying to make a payment? I seem to remember something being posted in the past, not sure if it was a firefox issue or an internet explorer version issue.

Correct!

I use same name , I see all info, reservation # , dates, stateroom #, everything fine but the paypent option.

Maybe they dont want no more money from me and let me cruise for the downpayment I made ??

Is the first name on the reservation in someone else's name? If so, you need to pay after logging into that person's account.

I use same name , I see all info, reservation # , dates, stateroom #, everything fine but the paypent option.

Maybe they dont want no more money from me and let me cruise for the downpayment I made ??

Maybe you just need to call again,tell them you want to make a payment now and you are having trouble online........sometimes one rep can help while the other can't.

...on the vacation summary page? On the right side of the vacation summary page, if there are green boxes just under the reservation #, then your reservation is "owned" by whomever is listed in the first box. If there aren't any green boxes, then someone traveling on your reservation owns the reservation. If you don't see a payment button, then it's whomever you're traveling with. I'd call RCI and ask them who their system says owns the reservation, because unfortunately, it's not you.

When you logon to your "my cruises" account, do you not get a "Your reservations" box on the left hand side of the screen?

Is your cruise reservation number showing under "purchased and held cruises" on the right hand side of the screen?

If not, have you tried clicking on the "don't see your reservation" link on the right side of the screen? This (entered) information should allow you to take ownership of the booking if it was made with RCCL.

Has there been a reasonable time since you made the initial booking for the information to show up on the website? They are usually quite quick, but I would allow 48 hours.

I have the same thing on my page. 2 cruises booked, both show with all the info, but only one has the payment button, allowing me to see whats been paid and what I owe on that cruise.

I click on the other resi # get the cruise up and no make a payment button to click on but all the other info is there.

Not a big deal because I know what the amounts are and I call to make payments. It is nice to be able to see in real time what your account is doing though.

Don't think its a Netherlands thing, rather an IT problem. Maybe I will give them a call one day and ask why.

All is correct, cruise reservation #, my name is the 1st traveler, I can see all information............all but the buttom/link to make a final payment.

Off course I can call and make the payment by phone but what makes me mad is the way they handle things. THEY JUST DO NOT CARE !@ THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP !@ THEY DONT REACT ON EMAILS !@

I have always just called them with my credit card # and made payment over the phone

Ditto!!!

they have enough trouble with their web site as it is, I wouldn't want to deal with booking or paying on that site.

It goes down often as well, so I pick up the phone and it is booked or paid all in a few minutes with a friendly Agent!!:D They send me an email copy and I am done!

All is correct, cruise reservation #, my name is the 1st traveler, I can see all information............all but the buttom/link to make a final payment.

Off course I can call and make the payment by phone but what makes me mad is the way they handle things. THEY JUST DO NOT CARE ! Not necessarily. They transport millions of pax each year, and they have a process that processes those millions as effectively as possible. THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP ! If you are not listed as the owner of the reservation, they legally can't help the way you request. @ THEY DONT REACT ON EMAILS ! They might, if they received the email from the listed owner of the reservation. @

Whether you are listed as the first traveler is irrelevant. If there is a second passenger listed on the reservation, you need to log in as that passenger (using their ID and password) to determine whether their login has the button. Someone has to own the reservation, it just isn't you.

OK, try this:

Where it says "Don't see your reservation?" Re-enter all the details and submit. It should then either tell you that this cruise is already in your "my cruises" account, or it may ask you if you want to take ownership of this booking. If it does the latter then obviously click "yes".

Failing this, logon and try as different person on the booking (the ownership may be in their name?)

If that doesn't work, call RCCL and tell the agent you booked with that you are having difficulties and they should be able to either help you solve them, or redirect you to somebody who can.

How long ago did you make this booking?

Was it directly with RCCL and not with a travel agency?

Off course I can call and make the payment by phone but what makes me mad is the way they handle things. THEY JUST DO NOT CARE !@ THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP !@ THEY DONT REACT ON EMAILS !@

Typically, in the US at least, if none of the payment type information shows up online it's because they believe you booked through a Travel Agent. They won't let you make payments directly if your reservation is held by a TA.

I was also locked out of the financial part of our reservation. I just tried going in under my name instead of my husbands and typed in the reservation number. Up came the cruise for August 30th and it said "no one ownes this reservation. Would you like to own it?" I hit "Yes" and up came the payment button. I had called RCCI earlier and tried to figure out why I could not see my financial information and the rep told me that at the time I filled out the "online" documents, I was asked if I wanted to "own" the reservation. I hit "no" not realizing what would happen. She told me it could not be undone. By going in under my name, instead of my husband's, I was able to own the reservation and now have a payment button and a "Make Payment" area to select. Crazy world of computers.

No, I would know, and it is also mentioned on my invoice

This may be a stupid question but - is there any chance that you actually paid the full amount when you thought you were just paying a downpayment and, therefore, don't owe any more money? Just a thought...

Good guggestion, tried it but wont help, thanks

I was also locked out of the financial part of our reservation. I just tried going in under my name instead of my husbands and typed in the reservation number. Up came the cruise for August 30th and it said "no one ownes this reservation. Would you like to own it?" I hit "Yes" and up came the payment button. I had called RCCI earlier and tried to figure out why I could not see my financial information and the rep told me that at the time I filled out the "online" documents, I was asked if I wanted to "own" the reservation. I hit "no" not realizing what would happen. She told me it could not be undone. By going in under my name, instead of my husband's, I was able to own the reservation and now have a payment button and a "Make Payment" area to select. Crazy world of computers.

Archived