Vacation Village at Weston/Bonaventure

LynnTH

Anyone know anything about this resort? Looking for 1 night post-cruise place to stay. This looks like a nice resort with pools and shopping/dining near by. There will be 4 of us - 2 kids 13 and 10. I can get this for $129 a night but not sure how far away this is from the port and airport. Not sure how much taxi would be to hotel and then to airport? Looks like it is near the shopping mall (Sawgrass). That looks fun.

Any input would be great. Also, was looking at Bahia Mar for $143, Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach for $263 and Embassy Suites for $189. I keep trying to narrow it down but don't seem to get very far!!!

• 2 years later...
I see this post was from 2012 and no one answered you. Just wondering if you decided to book this place back then and if so, what did you think?

We did end up booking it and I would not book it again. We checked in at the main office and then they had to shuttle us to our room, which was not that great. And there was nothing nearby to do or to go eat. We ended up paying way more in taxi fees to go to the Sawgrass Mills and then again to the airport. It was not what it looked like in the pictures - at least not where we ended up staying. Maybe if you were in the main building if would be a bit better and if you had a car. But, I was not impressed.

We did end up booking it and I would not book it again. We checked in at the main office and then they had to shuttle us to our room, which was not that great. And there was nothing nearby to do or to go eat. We ended up paying way more in taxi fees to go to the Sawgrass Mills and then again to the airport. It was not what it looked like in the pictures - at least not where we ended up staying. Maybe if you were in the main building if would be a bit better and if you had a car. But, I was not impressed.

So there's nothing within walking distance? Like a grocery store or fast food? :(

How much did it cost to get there from the airport? Did you take a regular taxi?

So there's nothing within walking distance? Like a grocery store or fast food? :(

How much did it cost to get there from the airport? Did you take a regular taxi?

No - there was nothing around in walking distance. We called a taxi company and he drove us the mall and then came and picked us up at the mall when we were done and we arranged for him to bring us to the airport the next day. So, we ended up eating at the mall and getting a few things from the Target there for breakfast. Can't remember how much we paid for the taxi - maybe $50 to the airport plus the rides back and forth to the mall. So, wished I would have stayed somewhere like the Embassy Suites or someplace within walking distance to places.

No - there was nothing around in walking distance. We called a taxi company and he drove us the mall and then came and picked us up at the mall when we were done and we arranged for him to bring us to the airport the next day. So, we ended up eating at the mall and getting a few things from the Target there for breakfast. Can't remember how much we paid for the taxi - maybe $50 to the airport plus the rides back and forth to the mall. So, wished I would have stayed somewhere like the Embassy Suites or someplace within walking distance to places.

Thanks so much for the info. I know we just need a taxi from the airport to the hotel. My daughter is driving in, so we will have transportation once they get there to go for food and groceries and also to the port of miami for the cruise. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it to go that far in a taxi.

I recently stayed at the Bonaventure Resort and Spa, not sure if it's the same place but I'm sure it's in the same area. You really need a car to get around locally. The place I stayed at had a great rate on Hotwire or Priceline. With taxes and resort fee, not optional, it was around $140 a night. They do have an included shuttle to Sawgrass Mills mall, and once you are there you can find plenty of places to eat. It was a once a day deal, around noon or so and they picked you up around 5:45.

It was considerably cheaper than hotels in the areas of the airport or cruise area. The public areas, especially the pools, were great, but the rooms were a little threadbare, could use an updating. I also got the impression they sell them out as timeshares.

At any rate we had a rental car as we had come in from the western side of the state and dropped it off close by. We hired Go Shuttle to take us to the cruise port, we selected a shared shuttle for $44 and they picked us up in a Lincoln Towncar. We had one other stop to pick a lady up at a large apartment complex and drop her off at the airport, we weren't in a hurry so it was great.

So if you plan on staying in this area plan on at least $100 to get from the airport to hotel and then back to the cruise port. If you are only staying one night then you are better off with a rental car. Should be able to get one for less than $50 for a day.

Thanks so much for the info. I know we just need a taxi from the airport to the hotel. My daughter is driving in, so we will have transportation once they get there to go for food and groceries and also to the port of miami for the cruise. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it to go that far in a taxi.

A taxi one way from FLL to Bonaventure would be at least $50-$60, probably more.