The Splendor Is Coming, The Splendor Is Coming!!!!

Big Jay

if only carnival had the clout to secure bermuda sailings. even with 2 docks since '08, all they could do is sail there off season. and then abandon it once again, or get blocked out.

Good question (or comment) regarding Carnival bookings on Bermuda. I am at a loss as to why they don't sail there more often.

Well I'm A Cheap Cruiser, And What's Wrong With That??? Our Enconomy, Is In A DEPRESSION!! I'm NOT Loyal To ANY Cruiseline, They Don't Care About My Bottomline, And I Don't Care About Theirs!!! If You Don't Want To Sail With "Cheap Cruisers", Try Holland America, Cunard, Or Seabourne, If "YOU" Could AFFORD It!!!!:eek:

trust me. you have to live it to experience it.

NLC Breakaway is coming too?!?!??! More options for us New Englanders?!?!? woo hoo

I must say. I do like the Miracle, but I haven't been on any other ships, so it ill be nice for a change.

Hey!!!

Yes... Ncl Breakaway Is Coming To NYC, April 2013!!

Breakaway Is Being Build Now, So A " BRAND NEW SHIP", Will Homeport In NYC, All Year Long!!!!!!! As Well As The Splendor!!!;)

More Choices For Those, Who Don't Want To Fly!!!! Yipeeeeeeee!!!!!!!:)

Wow, great news. It was time to change things up from Miracle and Glory.

I am excited about NCL Breakaway too and already booked!

NYC port is picking up popularity and I'm so glad because I don't want to deal with flying as 1) it's a PITA these days with all the restrictions, and 2) takes too long at both ends of a cruise.

-Lori

Hi BigJay,

My wife & I have been waiting for the rest of the 2013 itinerary's to come out so we could book our 1st voyage with Carnival out of New York.

All of my research was for the Miracle out of New York, so I was thrown for a slight loop yesterday when the schedules came out & found the Miracle replaced with the Splendor.

After a couple hrs of Splendor research, I booked. Yay!

It looks like a fine ship. I can't wait!

When we cruise, we always cruise B2B double bookings.

Our B2B we chose is; May/June 2013.

8-day Cruise 1) Grand Turk / Half Moon Cay Bahamas / Nassau Bahamas

8-day Cruise 2) Puerto Rico / St. Thomas / Grand Turk

Carnival will be our 4th cruise line. Very much looking forward & excited to what the Fun Ships have to offer.

Take care BigJay, have a terrific day!

• 2 months later...
Hi BigJay,

My wife & I have been waiting for the rest of the 2013 itinerary's to come out so we could book our 1st voyage with Carnival out of New York.

All of my research was for the Miracle out of New York, so I was thrown for a slight loop yesterday when the schedules came out & found the Miracle replaced with the Splendor.

After a couple hrs of Splendor research, I booked. Yay!

It looks like a fine ship. I can't wait!

When we cruise, we always cruise B2B double bookings.

Our B2B we chose is; May/June 2013.

8-day Cruise 1) Grand Turk / Half Moon Cay Bahamas / Nassau Bahamas

8-day Cruise 2) Puerto Rico / St. Thomas / Grand Turk

Carnival will be our 4th cruise line. Very much looking forward & excited to what the Fun Ships have to offer.

Take care BigJay, have a terrific day!

Thanks So Much!!!!!

I am glad it is coming to NYC. Is it true Splendor's spa balconies are non-smoking too, like on Dream?

I moved from Miami last year and am suffering withdrawal. I used to cruise at least 6 times a year. Now I have to kill time on CC. Good to know Norwegian's Breakaway is coming to NY too. And i hope Royal keeps at least one ship in this area.

The LA Times has the Splendor leaving LA to NY via South America in November??? I am on that repositioning cruise and we leave LA in February 2013 and arrive NY March 2013. 48 days sround the Horn!!!:D

Edited by Momis2

The LA Times has the Splendor leaving LA to NY via South America in November??? I am on that repositioning cruise and we leave LA in February 2013 and arrive NY March 2013. 48 days sround the Horn!!!:D

Whoops- sorry! Read it wrong or my short-term memory is going!:rolleyes:

It's attitudes like that, that encourage Carnival to keep coming up with these crap itineraries.

How does an attiude equate to preferance of ship versus islands? Some people sail for the itenerary and some for the ship. :rolleyes:

I, for one, and very happy about the Splendor coming to NYC. We actually cancelled our planned Disney Cruise and rebooked on the Splendor because after the fare and then adding to that the Airfare it would have been over double the cost of a longer trip on the Splendor. Now if we can just get something out of Boston that doesn't go North or to Bermuda it would fantastic!

NYC here we come!

How Often Did You Get A Price Drop???

How Much OBC, You Ever Received????

I Sail Solo, And The 200% Surcharge Is A Killer!!:eek:

I see you are booked on the NCL Breakaway. I have heard they have single cabins on the ship and don't apply the surcharge to the single cruisers. Is that correct ?

Edited by swedish weave

• 3 months later...
PS: to my earlier reply.

I forgot to mention that I am also looking forward to seeing what improvements will be made to the Splendor during its December 2012 dry-dock.

So far I (think) it is scheduled to have a couple new bars & comedy club added.

There is no dry dock in dec. for the splendor.