any ideas about how to cover the possiblity of accepting a new job?

happy cruzer

Hi, I love this board, you are all experts on the various policies.

I am considering booking a cruise for May on Celebrity in Europe.

Either one of us may have a job offer coming in soon, have been retired and looking to start again.

Is there a particularly good policy to cover this event, i.e. starting a new job?? Or will we need to just do a cancel for any reason policy? maybe the one provided by Celebrity.

The rest of the policy could be very standard, no relatives to cover for PEC or even ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I love this board, you are all experts on the various policies.

I am considering booking a cruise for May on Celebrity in Europe.

Either one of us may have a job offer coming in soon, have been retired and looking to start again.

Is there a particularly good policy to cover this event, i.e. starting a new job?? Or will we need to just do a cancel for any reason policy? maybe the one provided by Celebrity.

The rest of the policy could be very standard, no relatives to cover for PEC or even ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

Except for the Cancel For Any Reason plans I don't believe any third -party insurer would cover this for you. Losing a job, yes. Accepting a new job, no.

The Celebrity plan has a Cancel For Any Reason provision that reimbursed you for 75% of your penalties in the form of a credit toward a future trip. And you don't pay 50% more as you would with a third-party plan to get the CFAR coverage.

If you cancel the cruise for a covered reason they would also cover the cost of your independently-booked air tickets. What I'm not sure about is what happens to your air ticket cost you cancel the cruise for a non-covered reason (like accepting a job). I think the CFAR benefit would NOT apply to the independently-booked air tickets so you can call them to find out for sure. You'd probably have to pay the airline's change fee. Or use Celebrity's air arrangements.

If you go with a third-party insurer and want to pay for the CFAR option you will also have to insure the air tickets also.

Unfortunately, there's no great option for you -- pay more for a third-party CFAR plan or go with the Celebrity and pay less but also have less coverage.

Archived