Bummed about the Miracle

aidansaunt2004

We've been researching cruises to Alaska for several months. I was aware that the Spirit was being replaced by a "mystery" ship when it left for Australia. Speculation has been going around for months that the Splendor would replace the Spirit.

I had asked John Heald a few months ago what ship would be replacing it and stressed that I'm very interested in the Cloud 9 spa amenities. I was told he couldn't tell me which ship it would be but I would be "very happy" with the ship and it's spa amenities.

I interpreted it in a way that made me think this ship that's replacing it would have the Cloud 9 spa.

Now that it's replacement has been announced, I'm bummed. The Miracle doesn't have the thalasso pool, steam rooms or anything that the Cloud 9 spa offers :( I guess it makes our decision to go on the Spirit before she leaves much easier because we won't be missing any spectacular amenities or anything.

It just isn't the ship I thought would be replacing the Spirit...

We've been researching cruises to Alaska for several months. I was aware that the Spirit was being replaced by a "mystery" ship when it left for Australia. Speculation has been going around for months that the Splendor would replace the Spirit.

I had asked John Heald a few months ago what ship would be replacing it and stressed that I'm very interested in the Cloud 9 spa amenities. I was told he couldn't tell me which ship it would be but I would be "very happy" with the ship and it's spa amenities.

I interpreted it in a way that made me think this ship that's replacing it would have the Cloud 9 spa.

Now that it's replacement has been announced, I'm bummed. The Miracle doesn't have the thalasso pool, steam rooms or anything that the Cloud 9 spa offers :( I guess it makes our decision to go on the Spirit before she leaves much easier because we won't be missing any spectacular amenities or anything.

It just isn't the ship I thought would be replacing the Spirit...

I love the Spirit :) Having done Alaska on her 3 years ago (and fell in love with Glacier Bay) Im so looking forward to being on her again :D

.. + she has the Serernity area.. and the Green monster now too :)

Well for every disappointed cruiser there is an ecstatic one as well! :D Been wanting to do an Alaska cruise and fell in love with the Miracle in Nov 2010 so this is great news to me!

The only issue I have is getting enough time off in 2013 for a 2 week Canadian canoe trek with our Boy Scout troop and a week off for a cruise with the wife, plus all the time I'll be spending with the scouts getting ready for the canoe trek...

How cold is an Alaska cruise in early May? :o

The reason the Cloud 9 spa was of importance is because we experienced it in September on the Dream. It was awesome! It really changed our whole outlook on the spa.

We live in Ohio and we don't have anything that is comparable to the steam rooms or the thalasso pool. We're some of the "weird" people that require hotels to have indoor pools and hot tubs if we're going to book a room there. We always use the facilities to relax.

I do extensive research before booking anything so I read all of the reviews, look at photos etc. to narrow down my "list".

Princess had some great itineraries for Alaska but the airfare from Alaska is more than I'm willing to pay. To/from Seattle to Ohio is $600 round trip for 2. Flying into Seattle and out of Anchorage was close to $1500 :eek:

We REALLY want to see Glacier Bay because I've heard it's amazing so we're picking the last cruise of the season since Carnival only goes to Glacier Bay during the first and last cruise.

Either way, I'm sure it will be a blast. The Spirit looks like a pretty ship. I really thought about trying HAL but I kept coming back to Carnival. We've received wonderful service every time and that's what keeps us coming back for more.

Next year I think we're going to try Disney. We don't have any kids yet but it appeals to our inner child :D Pirates, fireworks and cute Disney characters :)

Alaska is all about the ports and the scenery. You will be doing yourself a great disservice if you spend time in a spa or inside the ship. Go to Alaska to enjoy Alaska not the ship.

I agree! I'd go up there on a barge just to be there...

The reason the Cloud 9 spa was of importance is because we experienced it in September on the Dream. It was awesome! It really changed our whole outlook on the spa.

We live in Ohio and we don't have anything that is comparable to the steam rooms or the thalasso pool. We're some of the "weird" people that require hotels to have indoor pools and hot tubs if we're going to book a room there. We always use the facilities to relax.

I do extensive research before booking anything so I read all of the reviews, look at photos etc. to narrow down my "list".

Princess had some great itineraries for Alaska but the airfare from Alaska is more than I'm willing to pay. To/from Seattle to Ohio is $600 round trip for 2. Flying into Seattle and out of Anchorage was close to $1500 :eek:

We REALLY want to see Glacier Bay because I've heard it's amazing so we're picking the last cruise of the season since Carnival only goes to Glacier Bay during the first and last cruise.

Either way, I'm sure it will be a blast. The Spirit looks like a pretty ship. I really thought about trying HAL but I kept coming back to Carnival. We've received wonderful service every time and that's what keeps us coming back for more.

Next year I think we're going to try Disney. We don't have any kids yet but it appeals to our inner child :D Pirates, fireworks and cute Disney characters :)

I have to agree with you - we've sailed the Splendor TWICE because of the Thalasso pool - my husband is addicted to the Cloud 9 Spa and he practically LIVED in that pool! And I WORK for Disney and we had the Wonder in port at the same time - LOL. I had to close my office door to book Splendor :D

You will love our ships ;) - I've sailed the Wonder twice and did one of the inaugeral sailings on the Dream last year - just love them and we don't have kids either! You'll have to go to Vancouver to do Alaska via Disney -- we're pulling out of L.A. too, sadly :(

Archived