NEO Romantica

Blondie008

Thanks Capri that good to know, I'll take travel dryer then for sure and leave my larger dryer at home. Dotty, I'll holler to you if Im stuck and borrow yours :D:D

No way would I take irons, I hate ironing at home, it sure aint coming with me on a cruise LOL!!!

You would be very welcome Blondie, I think i might take GHD's and battery one just in CASE. Sorry the pics are not the Neo, but did notice size was 176sq ft not 200 as i hoped. I will just make the best of it what ever its like!

Hair straighteners for the ladies have never been an issue with Costa security - especially battery-powered ones. What they do watch for are large hair dryers and irons above all.

Hi thanks for info, have you taken straighteners onboard and did you put them in your case or hand luggage? I am going on a bit about this as i am miserable when my hair is a mess.

Hi thanks for info, have you taken straighteners onboard and did you put them in your case or hand luggage? I am going on a bit about this as i am miserable when my hair is a mess.

In other cruises I have put them in my hand luggage, but this time, I am packing them in my hold luggage. I am taking "cloud nines" - both my main ones, and my travel set. They each come in a fireproof holder, and cut out if they go above temperature, so I feel totally confident they are safe. I think, what they are more likely to be wary of are curling irons, especially the metal kind which CAN go on fire... I would imagine this policy has just never been changed to keep up to date with the now fire safe hair straighteners.

I thought butane gas was not allowed? Did I read that somewhere? Will have a look?

But your cabin will already have a hair dryer (usually in the desk or dressing table drawer).

Capri - I know, but I find them hopeless :( They never seem to have much power - and no "cold shot" which I need... I am going to chance my travel dryers, they have dual voltage, and I have been taking that style on ships for many cruises... worst case scenario - I'll hand it over - but ooooh thats gonna cost loads in salon appointments! Aside from anything else, I do need to be carrying a hair dryer anyway for post cruise stays... so guess if they take it off me nothing I can do...

:)

Every Costa ship has both standard European and American type outlets in the cabins, usually at or in the proximity of the desk.

Should have said some ships may have....

Thanks for clearing that up Capricruiser. It was just a thought I had because I read it somewhere a cruiser has to buy adapters.

Thank Again..

Firstly, sorry all for hijacking the thread!

Dotty - have you figured out as to when the formal nights will be? There are four boarding ports in the loop... how do we know which nights will be formal? usually 2nd at sea, and 2nd last - but if there is a loop??? Have you any idea???

Firstly, sorry all for hijacking the thread!

Dotty - have you figured out as to when the formal nights will be? There are four boarding ports in the loop... how do we know which nights will be formal? usually 2nd at sea, and 2nd last - but if there is a loop??? Have you any idea???

No idea Blondie! still thinking how we are doing muster drill, will the lifts go off every time as they must do the drill every day! As for formal nights we don't want the first night but your 1st night is our 2nd night!! its case of what came first the chicken or the egg. LOL. It must be a nightmare with picking up at every port.

No idea Blondie! still thinking how we are doing muster drill, will the lifts go off every time as they must do the drill every day! As for formal nights we don't want the first night but your 1st night is our 2nd night!! its case of what came first the chicken or the egg. LOL. It must be a nightmare with picking up at every port.

I jotted down the four boarding points, I reckon (and hope) that the formals would be our two days at sea. First formal being day after Hamburg, and second formal being day after Oslo..have a look, see what you think;)

If its your 2nd day, then thats my boarding day (and guess there must be people getting off too), logically, the days that would work for all four would be those sea days.. thats my uneducated guess:D

They pick up at EVERY port:eek: I thought it was just Dover, Amsterdam, Hamburg and La Havre? Even at that, yeah, hadn't thought about the muster drills..oooh they must have some kind of system going I am sure...

We hope!:)

They pick up at EVERY port:eek: I thought it was just Dover, Amsterdam, Hamburg and La Havre? Even at that, yeah, hadn't thought about the muster drills..oooh they must have some kind of system going I am sure...

We hope!:)

Blondie i think you are right there is only 4 pick up, and yes your formal days make sense. Wish it would hurry up and be 31st May!!

PS. Do you think as it is a refurb. ship that the food will be better?

Blondie i think you are right there is only 4 pick up, and yes your formal days make sense. Wish it would hurry up and be 31st May!!

I think the food when sailing in Europe, will be fine. I am GF so have to sadly skip all the pastas and pizzas, so choice for me may be even more limited. I think cruise food is what it is, and if you go with reasonable expectations, sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised. We are for sure gonna eat a few times in the Club restaurant, it looks gorgeous! I think too, smaller ships will produce better dining. I am on a food replacement diet, so after three months of eating mostly packets, ANYTHING to me will taste heavenly :D I am trying to lose around 20lbs before the cruise - got that BIG birthday to either celebrate or commiserate and if I hit the 20lbs target, I WILL be celebrating for sure:D

Dotty, I was trying her to PM you but cant, if you come over to www dot ***** dot com I can PM you over there.

I think the food when sailing in Europe, will be fine. I am GF so have to sadly skip all the pastas and pizzas, so choice for me may be even more limited. I think cruise food is what it is, and if you go with reasonable expectations, sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised. We are for sure gonna eat a few times in the Club restaurant, it looks gorgeous! I think too, smaller ships will produce better dining. I am on a food replacement diet, so after three months of eating mostly packets, ANYTHING to me will taste heavenly :D I am trying to lose around 20lbs before the cruise - got that BIG birthday to either celebrate or commiserate and if I hit the 20lbs target, I WILL be celebrating for sure:D

You poor thing, i try and lose a few lbs before a cruise but 20lbs sounds hard work!

I'm still looking for photos of cabins without any joy.

***** is a great site.

It is Eileen. Very friendly and sociable :)

CC has always been a great favourite of mine too, this particular forum however seems to be overshadowed right now with bad news :(

I still like to be here however to keep up to date with current cruisers, and updates on NeoRomantica. Hoping we might get some news soon of those updated cabins!!

What don't you two exchange email addresses and chat on to your hearts' content? No offense, but this thread has evolved into a private chat session.

Thank you, but no, not about to disclose our email addresses on here.

Dotty and I seem to be the only two (here)who are actually cruising on NeoRomantica in the near future. we are both on the same cruise although different boarding ports, and yes, we are TRYING to find a way to message one another without advertising our email addresses on CC.

If there was a message system here, we would use it.

The plot thickens! i have to be member for 10 days and have 20 posts! before i can PM.

Sorry D, didnt realise this until yesterday. BUT, its a fab site, hang around, some good Costa info on there for sure! Lots of positives :)

I am pretty sure we are at final payment date? Are you? I was really hoping to see her totally re fitted before final payment. Hopefully over the course of the next few days we should see a little more of her as she sets out on her first cruise as NEOromantica. :)

Sorry D, didnt realise this until yesterday. BUT, its a fab site, hang around, some good Costa info on there for sure! Lots of positives :)

I am pretty sure we are at final payment date? Are you? I was really hoping to see her totally re fitted before final payment. Hopefully over the course of the next few days we should see a little more of her as she sets out on her first cruise as NEOromantica. :)

Are we allowed to speak!! Our final payment was 23rd Feb. Hope you are not too late in paying, i have thought if they are waiting for all the money before showing cabins! I have a folder full of paper work about AL package, Straighteners, onboard cedits and smoking policy as i did read one review where they didn't get there onboard credit.I'm ready and waiting to go. Will go on cruising talk now, are you Blondie on there.

Archived