Veendam..whats she like ?

Flob1954

Went to Bermuda in Oct on her and West. Carib. I now know I am liking the smaller HAL ships just because of their length. Stairs at elevators are at either end and passenber capacity is less. Veendam is allowed to dock right in downtown Hamilton while the larger ships of competiters dock at the Bristish Docks farther away from downtown. There are more oceanview rooms than balcony rooms. The shopping store is small but it has the MIX, a nice lounge area and the Wajang theater for movies. There is plenty of deck space for lounging and also Lanai cabins which doors that open to the promenade deck with 2 chairs. Only one lg. pool with closing top and hot tubs on another deck. Same great crew and ambiance!

We are just back from a South American voyage on the Veendam and were happy to see she is fine. Second sailing on her. We like the fact that the Crows' Nest is just that…not mixed with the "Library" as on some of the Dam ships now. Love the library and Explorations Cafe. The Lido had good food (never bothered with the MDR). Our Verandah cabin was in good condition. I don't care for the way the main showroom is set up, but then again we were rarely there. Gym could use some new equipment, but I like where it is. Overall, no complaints even though it's not our favorite of the Dam ships. (Prinsendam and Eurodam are favs so far).

:mad: Love almost everything about the ship. But hate the fact that the aft pool was removed in favor of a bunch of barely used hot tubs

Love the Sea View Pool on the Maasdam...so am not looking forward to the hot tubs HAL replaced the pool with on the Veendam. Having said that, we're doing this cruise because it's BERMUDA...and it seems like the final year for that with HAL.

Archived