1 & 2 Day Coastal Cruises - Restaurant & Laundry Questions

southwestgal

I've never taken a cruise shorter than 7 days so have a couple of questions about the 1 day and 2 day cruises.

Are the self-service laundromats open for these short cruises? Seems like a silly question for such a short cruise, but we are combining them with a land trip so we'll be gone much longer. I hope to be able to do some laundry on the 2 day cruise.

Do you know if the dining venues such as Sabatini's or Crown Grill (for those ships that have these venues) will be open on the short cruises?

We'll be on the Island and the Star if that makes a difference. We don't expect these cruises to be the full cruise experience - we are taking them as they will be our 14th & 15th Princess Cruise - so after them we will be Elite! No more self service laundry. Whoo hoo!

I've never taken a cruise shorter than 7 days so have a couple of questions about the 1 day and 2 day cruises.

Are the self-service laundromats open for these short cruises? Seems like a silly question for such a short cruise, but we are combining them with a land trip so we'll be gone much longer. I hope to be able to do some laundry on the 2 day cruise.

Do you know if the dining venues such as Sabatini's or Crown Grill (for those ships that have these venues) will be open on the short cruises?

We'll be on the Island and the Star if that makes a difference. We don't expect these cruises to be the full cruise experience - we are taking them as they will be our 14th & 15th Princess Cruise - so after them we will be Elite! No more self service laundry. Whoo hoo!

The laundromats should be open as will the specialty restaurants.

We were on a coastal cruise last year from LA to Vancouver. The last 2 days of the cruise, after we left Seattle, the laundry rooms were closed. It was a drag as quite a few of us had planned on doing laundry the last day or so before arrival in VAN, they didn't give any notice. Well, they did, but it was about an hours notice and we were getting ready for dinner.

We were on a coastal cruise last year from LA to Vancouver. The last 2 days of the cruise, after we left Seattle, the laundry rooms were closed. It was a drag as quite a few of us had planned on doing laundry the last day or so before arrival in VAN, they didn't give any notice. Well, they did, but it was about an hours notice and we were getting ready for dinner.
If the ship is within three miles of the coast, they are not allowed to dump grey water (disposal from sinks, laundries, etc.) I don't know the exact itinerary you were on but I'd assume you were within three miles or close to it. Thus no laundry.

Hi Dave! You're so right about Pepe and Clara but we also had a wonderful time with you and Marilyn at dinner! Which reminds me, I still need to send Marilyn the recipe for floating islands. It is somewhere in the cruise papers. I will find it and send it on. Happy travels!

Archived