Which cabins were affected by the storm

bananaboats

I just saw the video of the Dawn that was on the Today show and Katie Couric said that the ship is supposed to leave again tonight..How can they possibly get all those cabins cleaned up in time never mind the smell..isnt it mildewy??

How can they possibly get all those cabins cleaned up in time never mind the smell..isnt it mildewy??

I'm pretty sure they can't. I'm guessing that people booked in those cabins will be rebooked and/or refunded their money. They'll have to sail with some of those cabins empty while cleanup and repair are conducted.

Someone had posted this morning that they were notified their trip (the one that will leave tonight) had been cancelled. They were supposed to sail in 9502 - which is a penthouse AC aft (the row right below what you see on the webcam).

We're supposed to sail in that exact cabin in July - so I guess we'll see all new furnishings! (But it is a little nerve wracking - I can't imagine how incredibly frightening when the wave burst into that cabin!)

The person who posed had of course travelled to NY and was "stranded". I hope she can make a great vacation here in the big apple - weather will certainly be better than on the illfated cruise last week!

Someone had posted this morning that they were notified their trip (the one that will leave tonight) had been cancelled. They were supposed to sail in 9502 - which is a penthouse AC aft (the row right below what you see on the webcam).

We're supposed to sail in that exact cabin in July - so I guess we'll see all new furnishings! (But it is a little nerve wracking - I can't imagine how incredibly frightening when the wave burst into that cabin!)

The person who posed had of course travelled to NY and was "stranded". I hope she can make a great vacation here in the big apple - weather will certainly be better than on the illfated cruise last week!

It looks like 9502 is in the front of the ship not the back (aft).

I am the poster who was booked in Cabin 9502 for this current saililng. Our cruise was cancelled by NCL as our cabin was severely damaged and inhabitable.

We drove to NYC on Saturday afternoon and drove home from NYC yesterday once we found out there were no other options or cabins available.

Dissapointed yes, but still glad there was no loss of lives or any worse damage than there was.

At this time, we have re-booked the Dawn for 5/15/05 and are trying to look as forward to that sailing as we were to this one.

And to those whoc are curious, they fully refunded our money and gave us a 50% future cruise credit to use.

We could hav some somthing else with the time, but we really want to cruise so we decided to go home and book another cruise.

Cruiznuz

With less than 70 cabins to repair, that's something that can be done during the cruise.. whether on sea days and or in port, especially if they work around the clock.

They do repairs on ships during the cruise all the time... painting, vanishing... they even changed a a lot of public area carpeting on a ship one time, while we were on a cruise. We met some of the carpeting guys... they worked nights from about 10pm-7am.

The public area damage may be an issue if they are high trafic... but the actual rooms should not be a problem at all, in terms of inconveniences to passengers.

Finally, it is a lot cheaper for them to sail with 70 unusable cabins (and to compensate those booked for those cabins) than it is for them to cancel/delay the following cruise and compensate 2500 passengers, and pay 1000 srew and staff members for sitting in port. All about good business sense, minimizing losses, and once again honoring the almighty dollar.

Happy sailings..

AA

Both!

Got to have some fun and keep people on their toes. I'm being honest.

I also want this to be an honest dialogue, not sugar-coated, positive-spin, info that is sometimes hard to believe.

I have been on 15 cruises, including the Dawn several times, so I know when novice cruisers are misleading people or when disgruntled people are always giving out the negative side of issues.

I also know when moderators are acting like they are talking to five year-olds and, in effect, saying this is as perfect world and we all must get along.

Archived