Anyone just off Solstice, reviews, show times

snowskimom1

We are on the Feb 19 sailing, any recent reviews

Hi snowskimom1! We are also on this sailing and a bunch of us are meeting up at the Sunset Bar (aft - deck 15) during the sail-away from Ft Lauderdale after the muster drill. There will be a few other cruisers there as well that are on this week's cruise and should be able to give you current information and answer your questions. You should be able to recognize us in that bar area as some of us should be wearing Mardi Gras beads. Introduce yourself to us and see you onboard! :D

We sailed Jan 22. There a few threads on this board from this sailing.

We were very pleased with the ship, service, food and overall entertainment. We did however dislike the headliner entertainer. She was an unknown (with talent) but certainly was not headliner material, but more like a lounge singer. I think she was way over her head and I am surprised Celebrity would consider her headliner material.

Getting back to the positives – the cruise was fantastic! We went to most of the shows, but arrived just 10 minutes prior to the Cirq show and there were NO seats. We stood in the back a while and left as we really couldn’t see what as going on. ( we do not fault the cruise line for this - it was our fault.) We arrived early for all other shows. We thought the production shows were very good.

The food was better than expected in the buffet. I am not a buffet fan – but we went for several breakfasts and lunches rather than the dining room. We had dinner in Murano and the main dining room. Dining room food was on par with other cruises (mostly RCCL) but staff was really great.

Enjoy

M

We are on the Feb 19 sailing, any recent reviews

Hi SnowSkiMom1,

Just recently off the Solstice (January 15th Sailing)... BUT we did the Eastern Caribbean.

I have copies of all the Dailies... and would be willing to answer Questions (that would be unless someone has better info in that they have stuff that directly relates to the Itinerary & Route you'll be taking)

Somethings between the 2 Cruises will no doubt be similiar nonetheless.

Cheers!

I posted a review today. Sorry I'm a bit computer inept and don't know how to transfer the link but it's under the thread "Off Solstice Yesterday". If you search the threads you'll find it. Terrific ship! We did the Western Caribbean. The shows were very good. Two production numbers with the dancers and singers, a great illusionist, an excellent juggler, and a female impressionist (not impersonist). The shows were at 7 and 9 to accomodate the early and late seatings.

hey we were on the 8th to the 15th sailing. THOUGHT the ship amazing our biggest yet, so was a little concerned, but no worries about that,many atime noone else in elevator or in sky lounge where I would read or take aminute

FOOD thought was ok

ENTERTAINMENT love the tribute to Broadway one female lead Annable was amazing!!!

EXCURSIONS did own taxi to Gran Caymen resort for beach,was ok but with 6 ships in port did not want to shop went to Margaritaville for drink was good, Native choice tours for the ruins excellent!!!!, taxi to beach resort in roatan good and the ship tour for cozumel to san Gervasi<spelling?> was awsome

CREW amazing all in all would def go on this ship and itinerary again

only 1 negative was getting off nightmare

Thanks for show times, we are with Select Dining and made reservations for 8:00, so I guess we should think about changing the time.

The dailies from our December western Solstice cruise are linked in my signature, if you would like to check the show times each day. The timing was a little different on different nights. We had a blast!

We were on the January 29th Eastern Caribbean sailing. We go to the shows every night. We really enjoyed comedian, Tony Daro. My DH, who is a tough audience, laughed out loud many times. The magician/illusionist, Jason Bshop, was terrific - mind-blowing magic, and very good sense of humor. We did not love the female singer/impressionist, Karen G. The first night she performed, she had a poor selection of songs. We usually love the Celebrity singers and dancers, however, some of the shows weren't as good as we had seen before. The Cirq du Soleil show was good, however, it went on too long and became repetitive. One of the shows had a mime, who was a time waster. These are our opinions, and others may feel differently.

We would have liked a piano bar - Princess has a very good one - but didn't find one. Perhaps we missed it. We did enjoy the accapella (sp-?) group.

The shows go on at 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Many of the shows lasted an hour. Dinner can take over 1-1/2 hours. We had early dining at 6:00 p.m. at a table for 12 people, and we finished dinner at 7:45 p.m. most nights.

The shows go on at 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.

This isn't the same schedule for every night. Looking through my dailies, here are the evening show schedules. Obviously the headliners will be different acts, but the production shows should be the same:

SUNDAY - Opening Night - 8:30 & 10:30

MONDAY - at sea - formal night - Solstice: The Show - 8:45 & 11:00 (Captain's Welcome Toast in the theater 8:30 & 10:45)

TUESDAY - Grand Cayman - Sean O'Shea - 7:00 & 9:00

WEDNESDAY - Cozumel - Ghostlight, The Spirit of Broadway - 7:00 & 9:00

THURSDAY - Roatan - Doug Cameron - 7:00 & 9:00

FRIDAY - Costa Maya - formal night - Pulse - 8:30 & 10:30

SATURDAY - at sea - Ultimate Variety Show - 7:00 & 9:00

Hope that helps!

I just posted a short review earlier today, just got off the Solstice two days ago and am having major withdrawal. The ship was amazing, had a great time.

YES!! Having major withdrawal suffering is a sign of a great cruise experience. That happened at the end of our first cruise in 2006 after doing the Greek Isles and Turkish Coast as we arrived in Istanbul. Glad things went well on your cruise.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 64,331 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Archived