Head's up about the Chef's Table

jerray07

Does anyone know if it is a set menu? I am not a seafood person, but would love this experience. Can you choose what you would like to have?

I am very curious about this myself. I've seen a couple of reviews for the chef's table and the menu seems to be different depending on the boat, when you go, etc. It looks like the menu is set before hand. Either way I am looking forward to it.

Does anyone know if it is a set menu? I am not a seafood person, but would love this experience. Can you choose what you would like to have?

A lot of people with allergies are still able to participate. I've heard that they will work with your needs/dislikes. I guess it depends on the circumstances though.

A lot of people with allergies are still able to participate. I've heard that they will work with your needs/dislikes. I guess it depends on the circumstances though.

A woman on my Legend cruise is allergic to poultry and shellfish, and she was able to eat at the Chef's Table. She loved it!

So, I see where everyone is going directly thru the ship for Chef's Table and Steakhouse Reservations and one of them is using the email for the maitre'd.

Can you also ask for that special table size, in that particular dining room, near the window or in the center of the room to that address? Will the Maitre'd get upset with you going directly to them?

Has anyone tried that yet?

Can you also ask for that special table size, in that particular dining room, near the window or in the center of the room to that address? Will the Maitre'd get upset with you going directly to them?

Has anyone tried that yet?

I have no idea how specific you can be in table size or placement. I do know that I just made reservations for 12 people, but I honestly don't know if they're seating us all at one table or splitting us up. It wasn't that vital to me. I will however, let you know when we get back if that will help...but it won't be until the end of April.

I can tell you I used the code listed above for the Spirit, sent the request at 10 PM one night, and had a response in my email by 2 am the next morning...

Yeah 2 AM. :eek::)

If only every aspect of the line was THAT efficient!! It's impressive to say the least.

I have no idea how specific you can be in table size or placement. I do know that I just made reservations for 12 people, but I honestly don't know if they're seating us all at one table or splitting us up. It wasn't that vital to me. I will however, let you know when we get back if that will help...but it won't be until the end of April.

I can tell you I used the code listed above for the Spirit, sent the request at 10 PM one night, and had a response in my email by 2 am the next morning...

Yeah 2 AM. :eek::)

If only every aspect of the line was THAT efficient!! It's impressive to say the least.

When you say you made reservations... was it to the Maitre'd specifically for dining room accomodations for the 12 of you or the Steak House? If it was for the dining room, then maybe I will send an email and let you know BEFORE you get on your cruise if it helps/works !!! I just don't want to make an enemy of the Maitre'd even before stepping foot on the ship...

My wife and I will be on our first cruise in March and are sailing on the Ecstasy. She will be turning 40 on the cruise. Looking on this board to get little tips and such and this chefs table deal kinda looks neat.

Someone please tell me the deal on this and why is it special.

When you say you made reservations... was it to the Maitre'd specifically for dining room accomodations for the 12 of you or the Steak House? If it was for the dining room, then maybe I will send an email and let you know BEFORE you get on your cruise if it helps/works !!! I just don't want to make an enemy of the Maitre'd even before stepping foot on the ship...

No...no the mdr, just the steak house.

I didn't think it possible to get a table for 12 in the mdr, so I think we have 6 & 6

Great another thing we have to add to our trip on Glory, lol. DH and I aren't big wine drinkers does anyone know if we could substitute another alcoholic beverage for wine?

They offer soda for those who are not drinking wine or alcohol.

I emailed the Maitre'd about the chef's table, waited a week and got no response; then emailed the steakhouse (Liberty) and got an answer the same day. Thinking I should wait till we're on the ship to tell them about food allergies?

DW has some veryunusual ones.

Breakfast is no problem an dfor lunch she can find stuff.

However for dinner can be trouble so the first night she orders simple things like broiled salmon and asks to speak to one of the social hostesses about ordering.

She will come over the first night and they will discuss DW allergies and than she will order from the next night's menu and most of her dishes will be made special.

For example she cannot have celery so they will make her onion soup special for her.

Generally they do a great job for her but she still has to watch.

She did say no broccoli but on a few nights lasst month on the Valor her main course arrived with broccoli as a veg. Asst waiter was not paying attention when getting her dish in the kitchen.

Archived