Repositioning Time Zones

penguinscott

I'm taking a repo cruise on the Spirit April 15 New Orleans to Barcelona. Several questions have come up on our roll call about changing time zones.

Do we change time zones as we pass thru them across the Atlantic or do we change directly to our next port stop when we leave Miami? I'm assuming it'll be done each day, but that will get old, having to change clocks every day!

In my experience time zones are changed on a daily basis, one hour at a time. Think about it...would you really want to move 5 or 6 hours ahead at one time? If you were to go to sleep at 11pm on the first night do you want it to instantaneously become 5am? It's an instant case of jet lag but on a cruise ship. One of the best features of transatlantic travelling on a cruise ship is that you don't experience jet lag.

I'm taking a repo cruise on the Spirit April 15 New Orleans to Barcelona. Several questions have come up on our roll call about changing time zones.

Do we change time zones as we pass thru them across the Atlantic or do we change directly to our next port stop when we leave Miami? I'm assuming it'll be done each day, but that will get old, having to change clocks every day!

Hey! It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

Archived