At what age does a teen get truly acknowledged with a tier level and benefits?

pixiedustdawn

MY DS is 16 and does get a lat number, his DS 21 will become silver level this year. He wants his points as he will be 3 a head of her when he turns 18. I have not asked if at 18 he will get credit the 28+ pts he earned under 18 when he becomes a member.

I can imagine his face when the 3 of us get to do something he does not... If he "had to go" he would not want to be with us, tell him cannot and the world ends <G>

My daughter has been a Latitude member since she was 3 and has been sailing since. She should be Platinum now.

I am also wondering the same thing. Do they count all the previous cruises, or do they start them at the beginning. Would be a shame since she has been charged a full paying adult fare for every cruise.

At 18 they get their points and they do count all the crusies that they took as a child. My older kids will be sliver by the time they turn 18 and the youngest we fiqure will be gold or higher.

I know that's how it worked under the old program, but have you experienced this or how do you know that is how this new Latitude Rewards Program works?

PD, you can email the Latitudes Department to get claification. With the revised Latitude program, who know what has changed. I think they would be able to answer that for you. I would hope they would save up the points and reward her with them since she seems to have cruised more than most of us!:)

Can you adopt me?

My daughter has been a Latitude member since she was 3 and has been sailing since. She should be Platinum now.

I am also wondering the same thing. Do they count all the previous cruises, or do they start them at the beginning. Would be a shame since she has been charged a full paying adult fare for every cruise.

My DD (22) is Platinum, all of her cruises were taken before she was 18.

Once she turned 18 she did take a couple of NCL cruises but didn't use her prior latitude number, so I may get that sorted out some day if they put another level above Platinum.

It truely is a Latitudes department issue . The rest of the company hasn't a clue as to what goes on behind those doors. If you ask an NCL Rep they will tell you Absolutely NOT , they do not transfer up after 18.

Which of course was Absolutely Wrong .Before .

But with the new program ???, will see .

Checking with the top Lat boss ;)

No one seems to know the absolute answer.

I just spoke to two people, one said when she turns 18 she will start from the beginning and yet another said, when she turns 18 all of her past cruises will be transferred to the new program. Go figure??

We you speaking to just a call rep or someone at the latitudes desk.

You need the super secret special latitudes phone number , they dont list it anymore . They want everyone to go through email.. At least until the madness subsides ..

I got my with a box of Cracker Jack ;)

So what did they tell you????

We are taking the kids on the Epic this Dec. booked 9+ months in advance. Will they get 7 points or 14 points when the turn 18?

Since we never sailed in a suite with them I'm assuming thier past cruises would all be just credited as 7 points with the new system.

I can answer this question. I was 17 on my first NCL cruise. I am now 23 and will be sailing my second NCL cruise on the Jewel this Saturday. My NCL page has me down with 7 Latitudes points, so indeed they are counting the points I earned before age 18.

But you were under the old program when you became of age. You got the same conversion the rest of us did. This Program is different and the only one who would know for sure is someone that was 17on December 5, 2011 and has now turned 18.

This Just in .

"Children under eighteen years of age have their cruise history logged, however the points will not generate until they reach 18. "

There ya go , clear as Mud :D

Im going with yes , they will count..

You're right, that isn't particularly clear but it seems to imply that the "generated" points will be reflective of their "cruise history" which is being "logged" so . . . I am left with the impression that childhood cruises will count towards adult status. If we don't get a definitive answer before, I'll be happy to ask about this on board in about 8 WEEKS! :D

I said to the person on the ship when I asked about who gets the points and he pointed out we all do. I said no fair I am only one paying for the 4 of us I want them all, screw the little brats. My DW glared at me, I said I would split them with her, she agreed screw the kids we want to get to platinum faster.

As each one of our children/cruise souvenirs reached the age of 18 they became recognized by the Latitiudes program and were given credit for most of their past cruises.

I am currently working with Latitudes to get the corrections made for their missing cruiise credits as they will each be Platinum for our next cruise. Thats a lot of free dinners and bottles of wine~

At the time of the new program - my son 19 got mailed a new card along with credit for the two cruises. Will be going next week and will have my 17 year old with us. She turns 18 in July. So the real test will be to check in August to see if she is silver (will have 21 points).

Archived