At what age does a teen get truly acknowledged with a tier level and benefits?

pixiedustdawn

At the time of the new program - my son 19 got mailed a new card along with credit for the two cruises. Will be going next week and will have my 17 year old with us. She turns 18 in July. So the real test will be to check in August to see if she is silver (will have 21 points).

I believe you will hold the actual golden answer!

I have other children that have turned 18 but while the older program was in effect, so I know the answer to that. I need to know about how the new point program will work now. Hopefully, it will be the same.

Please come back here and post when she turns 18!!

Thanks!!

This Just in .

"Children under eighteen years of age have their cruise history logged, however the points will not generate until they reach 18. "

There ya go , clear as Mud :D

Im going with yes , they will count..

Thanks,

This is exactly what the first and last person on the phone at lat desk told me. They read it off a website.

Then when I asked him, does that mean after her 20+ cruises that she has taken, does she automatically become platinum, One replied... I don't think so, the past cruises are just history and don't count. The other person said Yes.

I think we are going to need to hear from someone with the actual experience with the new program.

I just cruised with my children (18 and 20) and prior to cruising I checked with the lattitudes dept regarding missing cruises on their histories. (This was after the change).

They were given credit for all cruises we had taken. They even happily gave my daughter credit for all of those her brother had (given that I told them they had both been on the same cruises). It was really very easy, I just had to provide the dates of the cruises (easy enough to get from my cruise history).

They were silver and now gold. My daughter made a point of ensuring they received all benefits due to their status. I think it was chocolate treats that were not forthcoming the first night, they certainly were later!

So I think, based on my experience that credit is given. The only problem may be if the children were 3rd and 4th passengers which mine never were, not sure about that but I assume they'd still get the credit.

Hope this helps

I have a question.

If your child has attained Platinum status at 18 or prior to 21. What happens with the promised "Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine" & "Complimentary Sparkling Wine in your stateroom" when NCL rules say anyone under the age of 21 cannot consume alcohol.

I have a question.

If your child has attained Platinum status at 18 or prior to 21. What happens with the promised "Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine" & "Complimentary Sparkling Wine in your stateroom" when NCL rules say anyone under the age of 21 cannot consume alcohol.

Age 18 can consume wine and beer with parental permission

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Age 18 can consume wine and beer with parental permission

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

You said a mouthful with parental permission. So what happens if there is no permission, I was just curious what NCL would give them.

To through my answer into the pot. I was told by NCL Latitudes Dept. on board the Dawn this past July, that my 11year old son's points are banked until he is 21...At that time he gets his status for all cruises taken in the past. This makes since, seeing's how NCL's rule say you must be 21 (or married) to sail without parents or guardian, also to drink. I will ask again next week when on the Pearl.........

To through my answer into the pot. I was told by NCL Latitudes Dept. on board the Dawn this past July, that my 11year old son's points are banked until he is 21...At that time he gets his status for all cruises taken in the past. This makes since, seeing's how NCL's rule say you must be 21 (or married) to sail without parents or guardian, also to drink. I will ask again next week when on the Pearl.........

Should be interesting to see the answer you get. My one daughter was 19 and over the summer she was recognized as a tier level when we sailed. So, not sure about the 21 answer.

You said a mouthful with parental permission. So what happens if there is no permission, I was just curious what NCL would give them.

Perhaps the non-alcoholic sparkling wine? I am sure they have AA members that need a swap out.

Also, I remember when they used to give out the Champagne when boarding. They had alcohol for adults and non alcohol for the younger ones.

18 is the age when they will start receiving the benefits. All of my son's cruises are up-to-date and Latitudes Clerical has confirmed that all of this cruises will count toward his level when he turns 18. Same with my daughter but she is 21.

I'm not sure I like the idea of my kids both being Platinum as soon as they turn 18 .

Wheres the adventure in attaining these levels.

Maybe I'll have latitudes drop a few of there cruises ;)

I had similar thoughts re my kids and Plat status.

I decided the free meals in Le Bistro were a pretty good deal. 3 kids time 2 comps each equals $120 saved fees.

My plan is :

1)I can sign the form allowing them to drink wine and beer

2)Then take the complimentary wine that they would get for my personal use.

3)Take away their ability to use their cruise card to make purchases on board (I will have no worries about them buying beer and wine then....)

heh heh

I said to the person on the ship when I asked about who gets the points and he pointed out we all do. I said no fair I am only one paying for the 4 of us I want them all, screw the little brats. My DW glared at me, I said I would split them with her, she agreed screw the kids we want to get to platinum faster.

I'm with you!!!! If the kids want the points, let them pay for the cruise!:rolleyes:

Archived