What Terminal in Barcelona

Funsun60

This is just a general question. We are on the Ryndam for an 18 day cruise departing Barcelona on September 16, 2012. To find out at which terminal the ship is docked, do we phone the port customer service on the morning of embarcation? I know some previous advice has said check on the port website for daily docking information, but if we do not have access to a computer, then what? We are planning to take a taxi from our hotel to the pier (do not plan to take the blue port bus ). Thank you

This is just a general question. We are on the Ryndam for an 18 day cruise departing Barcelona on September 16, 2012. To find out at which terminal the ship is docked, do we phone the port customer service on the morning of embarcation? I know some previous advice has said check on the port website for daily docking information, but if we do not have access to a computer, then what? We are planning to take a taxi from our hotel to the pier (do not plan to take the blue port bus ). Thank you

If you are taking a taxi - they will know where the ship is docked. no worries. (they can check at the entrance as well) Just tell them you are going to the cruise port for Holland America and the Rhyndam.

When we left Barcelona we were docked right at the downtown location in the heart of everything. When we arrived we were in a more distant location. BTW We really enjoyed the Barcelona Maritime Museum also close to the terminal.

And we also enjoyed a patio breakfast at the near-by hotel rather than wait for embarkation in the embarkation area, due to our early morning flight arrival and HAL airport pick-up.

• 3 months later...

Most HAL ships use Moll D'Adossat (Muelle Adosado), terminals A or B but, as with all ports, this can change.

As others have said, your taxi driver will know where to take you.

SwissMyst. By 'downtown location' do you mean by the World Trade Center and the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel? Which ship was this? This is usually only used for small ships.

If your ship leaves from (or arrives) here, you may not need to get a taxi as Las Ramblas is within walking distance.

The best of all is to be on a ship which is leaving from the World Trade Centre and be staying at the Grand Marina Hotel. The ship is docked right by the hotel.

SwissMyst. By 'downtown location' do you mean by the World Trade Center and the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel? Which ship was this? This is usually only used for small ships.

Can you elaborate on "small ships"?

R/S class?

Prinsendam?

Windstar/Seabourne?

Marco Polo?

Thanks

Roy

Can you elaborate on "small ships"?

R/S class?

Prinsendam?

Windstar/Seabourne?

Marco Polo?

Thanks

Roy

I have only docked there on Windstar. I don't think HAL R/S class would be small enough. Possibly Seabourne would.

It really cannot cope with more than about 500 passengers.

Thanks, Carol. I wonder if that's also sort of an "overflow" terminal as I believe my Wind Surf cruise docked at one of the main terminals.

I think your definition of "small" may be reasonably close to mine.

Roy

I have only docked there on Windstar. I don't think HAL R/S class would be small enough. Possibly Seabourne would.

It really cannot cope with more than about 500 passengers.

We got lucky and were able to dock there at the last minute (according to the captain) on the Rotterdam in November. Very pleased as we didn't have to use shuttles to cross that long flyover bridge to the other piers. Two weeks ago we were there again to board the Silver Spirit, while the other, larger ships were on the other side.

Archived