Last minute Scandavian deals?

shoegal24

Good Morning everyone,

I'm eyeing a cruise in July that will travel throughout Scandavian. The price right now however is $6,400 for 2 for a veranda. Ouch! It's just too much right now.

Has anyone got a last minute deal? Is it even possible to wait until May or June to book, or will everything be gone, and prices even higher?

Is it best to just wait until 2013 iternaries come out, and jump on one of those deals?

Thanks.

Good Morning everyone,

I'm eyeing a cruise in July that will travel throughout Scandavian. The price right now however is $6,400 for 2 for a veranda. Ouch! It's just too much right now.

Has anyone got a last minute deal? Is it even possible to wait until May or June to book, or will everything be gone, and prices even higher?

Is it best to just wait until 2013 iternaries come out, and jump on one of those deals?

Thanks.

Hi,

I do not think that there will be many late deals. The number of cruises available are more limited than for say Med or Caribbean where late deals abound.

We got a good deal by booking early for last June. The pice never came down.

Jim

Good Morning everyone,

Thanks.

The only problem in booking that late is the absence of cheap airfare across the pond. The cheapest fares are usually about 300 days out and increase as you get closer to the date. Also the selection on cabins goes down drastically closer to the date . If you want a specific cabin now and if the price drops before final payment ask for a price reduction,

We are booking the Baltics for 2013 so I've been keeping an eye on the cost and since I've started watching in November, the cost has been going up and not only on Celebrity. I've been told its due to the shortness of the season and the demand.

For this cruise, to keep the cost down we're going to book an outside cabin as soon as the new schedule comes out figuring the cruise is so port intensive that it won't matter...at least that's our opinion. :o

I've been following prices for a Baltics cruise for quite a while now - and because they are usually in high demand, they often sell out early especially in the holiday season (July/August). You might be lucky at the beginning or the end of season. I'm considering an RCL cruise this time because they seem to ask a bit less.

As there are few cruises touching Iceland and/or Spitsbergen prices are impossibly high - I'm hoping to book right at the beginning this time when the new itineraries for 2013/14 come out. To give an example: the prices for the transatlantic crossing with either Brilliance or Jewel of the Seas were quite reasonable at the beginning last year. We couldn't decide to book so early, diddled around and were too late - prices were rising fast and the ships were quickly sold out. So my cookie really crumbled... :D

On the other hand, we were able to book a last-minute deal for Norway last year in April because the Fjords cruise didn't sell well. But we didn't have to consider air fare because we were able to either drive to port or go by train.

So - I'm not sure if I could really help with a decision! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll find a cruise that fits your expectations and your budget.

Our experience with the Baltic was that the price escalated dramatically after we did our early booking. By the time we got on a Celebrity ship to book it (so as to get OBC), it had already increased by $200/pp since it had been released a few weeks earlier, and it just kept going up. There aren't as many of these cruises available and pricing is all about supply and demand. So for the Baltic, I'd say book as soon as it's released for booking. It's a great cruise!

Right now, Constellation is as low as it's likely to get. I have done the Baltic twice, once NCL, once Princess. I am working with a client on a booking for the Baltic for this August and except for Princess' Love Boat sale today and tomorrow, the price keeps creeping up. If the current prices are out of budget, I'd plan for 2013. The Baltic season is too short and as other folks have said, it's supply and demand.

That said, don't miss it. It is a wonderful intinerary.

Liz

We booked many months ago for a late May Baltic on the Eclipse. The prices have gone up and are higher than what you are quoting. The late May cruises are usuly cheaper than your date, as is the flights. Understand if you can't handle that cost....they aren't cheap, but I don't think youll get cheaper even with closer dates.

But only a guess based on our current experience.

Den

We booked the Constellation baltic cruise this august while on board a past cruise so we have a C1 paying for C3. We've been thinking about it for a while now, and I think we're going to cancel the cruise, spend a few days in Amsterdam giving us time to see the floral exhibition then flying to St Petersburg for three or four days which was the driving force for picking the cruise...and we'll both save a bundle and see the cities much better than doing it on a cruise. We might add Tallin..thinking on that.

I think we're getting tired of superficial visits to cities which is all you get on a cruise. Sure, we'll continue to do cruises...we've already booked B2B's out of Singapore, but we're going to mix in some land trips as well (maybe south africa and surrounds).

Price out a land trip to wherever you really want to go....and you may find yourself where we are on this.

Archived