wine on crown princess

CanadaBunny

I understand that DH and I can each bring one 750 ml bottle of wine onboard.

Has anyone bought the wine from Princess as a bon voyage gift? Is it any cheaper than buying it onboard? Does it have to be drunk only in our stateroom?

I've read bits and pieces about a wine package? What is it?

Sorry, first Princess cruise! :)

Princess is testing a wine package reportedly on the Coral and the Crown and Island.

You buy a set number of bottles of wine (5, 7, 10 or 12). You can select a package with the choice of any bottle that is $29 or less or $45 or less. For the $29 package it works out to $24, 23, 21 and 20 per bottle respectively. I forget the numbers on the other plan.

I think it may depend on which port you embark the ship. I have brought more than one bottle on many occasions. When we boarded in Southampton I did not have a flight to the port so took on a small trolley case filled with wine and champagne (for our anniversary) I think I had about 6 bottles in it for us to share.

When we were on Crown a few years ago we pre-ordered and paid for wine through Princess UK. We paid in British pounds. It worked our cheaper than onboard due to the conversion rate at that time.

DH and I got this information from a hostess in one of the main dining rooms aboard the Crown Princess 1/28-2/4. You can enjoy the wine at dinner in any dining room or have the wine sent to your stateroom. We didn't finish our wine package and brought a bottle home.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1565716

Chris

If you buy Princess offered wine onboard or as a bon voyage gift to yourself, it can be enjoyed anywhere on the ship. Not just in your room. Carry a glass to another venue/ restaurant or have the bottle saved for you in the restaurant if you don't finish it.

You will only have to pay a corkage fee if the wine you take to a particular venue is one that Princess has not sold to you.

One per adult when boarding is what I have always been told. Becasue we have 6 adults we will bring 6 bottles, even though only 2-3 drink wine. My wife loves it when getting ready for dinner, and we usually take it to the MDR for dinner as well. Becasue we usually "tip" our waiter and assistant above and beyond of our "pre" gratuaties, we have never been charged a corkage fee.

The idea of Princess "testing" a wine package is a great idea.

Archived