bad room decision?? fantasy help!

gr8tfulscott

We were under the galley on Inspiration E166 and Ecstasy E107. About 4 am every morning there were some banging noises that only woke me. I just used it as a bathroom opportunity and then went back to sleep.

Not enough noise to keep me from booking on Empress again.

I was under the galley one time on the Elation and all I can say is I will never make that mistake again. I am a light sleeper and I could here carts being rolled around most of the night. My husband was not a light sleeper and he did not hear anything. Fortunately I was able to get moved while on the ship. When I got home I called my PVP and asked her to make a note in her files that I do not ever want to be under the galley again. I always check also too make sure before calling her.

If you are a light sleeper I would see if I could change locations.

I just got off the Elation E155, the noise was terrible. I am really pissed at my PVP that she would put me under the galley. Ended up having to sleep with ear plugs in, they worked well, thank god my spouse had some for me. I will NEVER book a room under the galley, my fault I guess for not looking at the layout.

• 1 year later...
carnival fantasy empress deck e153. After booking i noticed it is under the galley.

does anyone believe this to be a problem with noise level? should i change rooms but the ship is pretty sold for 04/18/12.

Hi! We are booked in room E153 on Carnival Fantasy in January. Was wondering how the room noise was from the galley?

Hi! We are booked in room E153 on Carnival Fantasy in January. Was wondering how the room noise was from the galley?

Read above. Someome posted about 155.

Its a hit or miss. They would not put rooms in that area if everyone had a bad experience. If you are that worried about some noise early in the morning then try to move.

Free upgrades or not, I always try to get a floor under another floor with cabins... My favorite deck is 2, it is always quiet.... some people don't like to be that far down, but it is always the quietest for me... out of the everyday foot traffic too.

I wasn't on the Fantasy -- but have been under the galley on the Ecstasy... I don't remember any noise at all!! Now I wake early, for the sunrise, and head back to the cabin after dinner around 9pm to change and maybe go back out to shows and dancing... And I truly didn't notice any noise!!!

We always bring earplugs just in case, no matter where we are. You never know when you'll have noisy neighbors, be in a high traffic area, etc. DH can and has slept through just about everything you can imagine, but every little noise wakes me.

I have been on the fascination under the galley but I am such an early riser I did not notice anything. My husband uses a c-pap and he hears nothing! I normally look for a deck with cabins above and below but on the Fascination I love that deck just below the Galley so we go with it.

I am in E182 on Fascination in 9 days, according to the layout, I should be just under the Dining Room? Hoping you could recall, maybe, if this sounds right to you, if you happen to recall seeing, lol. Sorry, so excited to be sailing soon, that I cant even speak (type)

Read above. Someome posted about 155.

Its a hit or miss. They would not put rooms in that area if everyone had a bad experience. If you are that worried about some noise early in the morning then try to move.

The post for room 155 was on a different ship. As someone else commented, one room might be under a refrigerator or closet so you won't hear any noise. Since I saw someone had th exact room on Fantasy we are booked for, was interested in what their experience was before we pay extra to upgrade.

We have been in E206 and E202 and a balcony somewhat forward in the 90's I believe. We are now booked in an inside E192 while our besties are in E188.We switched to the rooms recently as we wanted a connecting room and we are done with Carnival's balconies until they change smoking policies. Any way our PVP said wait you do know that it is under the galley don't you? I would have said dining room as well but they say galley. I wouldn't be worried as we heard very little noise.

Have a great time. :D

I am in E182 on Fascination in 9 days, according to the layout, I should be just under the Dining Room? Hoping you could recall, maybe, if this sounds right to you, if you happen to recall seeing, lol. Sorry, so excited to be sailing soon, that I cant even speak (type)