A question for you cruiseco

klpsmom

Do you purchase TI (for cruising) and, if so, which company do you use?:p

I am making myself mental on which company to go with and how much coverage to buy. :(

The last five trips I've insured (not all cruises) have been with CSA, Travelex, CSA, Celebrity's plan, and TravelSafe.

For my Mom's last two cruises I had her buy HAL's plan. My sister and her husband just got back from a Celebrity cruise in the Med and Travelex was the best choice for them.

And none of this should make any difference to you. In each of those cases, what I chose could have been an absolutely horrible pick for you if you were going on the exact same trip. Well, probably not horrible since they're all good companies, but maybe not your best choice. There are no short cuts -- you have to figure out what you need and what plan(s) best fit those needs. Or call one of the online comparison sites (insuremytrip, squaremouth, travelinsurancecenter, etc) and let them help you. That's what they're there for.

The last five trips I've insured (not all cruises) have been with CSA, Travelex, CSA, Celebrity's plan, and TravelSafe.

For my Mom's last two cruises I had her buy HAL's plan. My sister and her husband just got back from a Celebrity cruise in the Med and Travelex was the best choice for them.

And none of this should make any difference to you. In each of those cases, what I chose could have been an absolutely horrible pick for you if you were going on the exact same trip. Well, probably not horrible since they're all good companies, but maybe not your best choice. There are no short cuts -- you have to figure out what you need and what plan(s) best fit those needs. Or call one of the online comparison sites (insuremytrip, squaremouth, travelinsurancecenter, etc) and let them help you. That's what they're there for.

I agree. What you do does not make a difference, but it can be helpful, sometimes, to see what someone who is knowledgeable in the insurance field would purchase.

Archived