Port of Miami

cruisinmimiof3

I am headed out on the Glory on Feb 26. I usually embark from Tampa so Miami is new to me. I have a hotel pre cruise for the group of 9, and the hotel has a shuttle to port. Is Miami quick to get on? Any recent travellers have advice on the port? What time to arrive? How long to get on the ship? I am so excited, taking 3 more newbies on this one. I love taking newbies along, the faces and things they say are so fun to watch!:eek: thanks for the help anyone gives!

I thought the Port of Miami was much easier than Galveston, which has been my only other experience. Going to try New Orleans in nine weeks. Funny story About the Miami port, we got there around 11:00 a.m. and were sitting in the terminal waiting to board. My 15 year old son was playing around in his seat when he reached under it and pulled out a little plastic card that said "VIP" I think. I can't remember for sure. I quickly told him to put it back and leave stuff alone. About 15 minutes later an overhead announcement was made saying to check under your seat for a VIP card, and if you found one you and your party got to board as the last VIP group. Needless to say, he gloated about it the entire cruise.

Probably one of the quickest ports. It has kiosks, so if you have your funpass all set and kiosk ready, its a very quick embarkation.

More please sir....

Do you scan you funpass at the Kiosk?

Do you also swipe your passport at the Kiosk?

What do you do before and after the Kiosk?

Will experience this port in just 10 days....already thinking through the motions to make it as smooth as possible...

Thanks!

More please sir....

Will experience this port in just 10 days....already thinking through the motions to make it as smooth as possible...

Thanks!

Go to the kiosk with your passport and credit card. Find your reservation (either touchkey or swiping, I don't recall, but it's VERY easy). Swipe your passport when it says, swipe your credit card when it says. It prints a little receipt, telling you which window will have your sign & sail key. Step over to that line, show your passport, get your sign & sail key, and head towards the ship. (or sit down and get comfy if you get there early).

More please sir....

Thanks!

You dont scan your funpass

You swipe your passport there

Once you are done with that you go to the desk and get your sail and sign card then sit and await your Zone to be called.

I took newbies with me and it was Easy Peasy! I love this port much better than Port Everglades its just so much easier to maneuver.

I am headed out on the Glory on Feb 26. I usually embark from Tampa so Miami is new to me. I have a hotel pre cruise for the group of 9, and the hotel has a shuttle to port. Is Miami quick to get on? Any recent travellers have advice on the port? What time to arrive? How long to get on the ship? I am so excited, taking 3 more newbies on this one. I love taking newbies along, the faces and things they say are so fun to watch!:eek: thanks for the help anyone gives!

they've been doing it the longest, and i find it pretty easy to pass through getting on and off.

it used to be the transfer busses that would hold me up the longest, so now we just use the more convenient taxi.

What time should VIP arrive?

Whenever you like cuz you go to the front of the line! :)

Seriously - you will be 'let' into the security line ahead of those already there....after that you proceed to the VIP Lounge where they will 'process' you depending on the amount of people there already.

I like to get to the port around 10:45 - 11 am!

Be prepared to watch the reaction of the newbies.

After you go through security and go up the escalators you turn left and step out into a large room. Your ship is parked behind an enormous glass wall right behind the checkin desks. It is still awesome even after seeing it several times. It really blows the newbies away.

Just home from my first cruise (Glory 2/5-2/12). The process at POM was very smooth. We never stopped moving- lines yes, but fast moving. Shuttle pulled up about 1120 and we were on the ship having our first DOD by 12.

Have fun! Wish I could rewind time and go back for my week on her! :)

Be prepared to watch the reaction of the newbies.

After you go through security and go up the escalators you turn left and step out into a large room. Your ship is parked behind an enormous glass wall right behind the checkin desks. It is still awesome even after seeing it several times. It really blows the newbies away.

actually still remember that first time feeling pulling up to a holiday class ship, and how huge it was!

I agree with everyone that Miami is a very easy port. We were just there at the end of January. From the time SAS dropped us off to the time were were on Lido was only 35 minutes - and that includes the extra time security took to shake every bottle of water and soda we had in a carry on.

Still can't figure out why they shook the soda.

More please sir....

Thanks!

Use the Credit Card you booked with to pull up your rez (same as ticket kiosks at airports) swipe your passport, thats it. It'll print out a receipt to take to the key desk to get your s&s, and on to the ship you go......

Use the Credit Card you booked with to pull up your rez (same as ticket kiosks at airports) swipe your passport, thats it. It'll print out a receipt to take to the key desk to get your s&s, and on to the ship you go......

Thanks...So, if you use the card you reserved with (Visa), but paid the balance with and want to use (MC) for sail and sign....

Does the card you swipe at Kiosk become the card associated to your sail and sign?

I'm guessing that any card swiped that has your name will pull up your reservation, just like at the airport. But want to be sure the Carnival MC gets associated to the sail and sign.

Thanks...So, if you use the card you reserved with (Visa), but paid the balance with and want to use (MC) for sail and sign....

Does the card you swipe at Kiosk become the card associated to your sail and sign?

I'm guessing that any card swiped that has your name will pull up your reservation, just like at the airport. But want to be sure the Carnival MC gets associated to the sail and sign.

When you first get in front of the kiosk it asks for you to insert the credit card you booked with to access your account, or type in your rez #. Further on in the process it will ask if you want to set up your s&s account with the same credit card you booked with, a different card, or cash. So it's easy enough to switch from the card you booked with to a different card for your s&s. It really is pretty easy and user freindly.

Archived