LOS deck 6 staterooms above dining room

karmacats

Hi all,

DH and I just booked a last-minute trip yesterday on Liberty 2/27. :)

Because it was so last-minute, our cabin choices were limited, and we ended up on Deck 6 above the main dining room, in the 6670's. We've always booked way in advance before and gotten rooms that were "sandwiched" between two other staterooms above and below, so we've never been above a public area before.

Just wondering if anyone who's had these rooms was bothered by noise from the dining room. Breakfast is a particular concern, as we are late sleepers when on vacation! :D

A couple rooms in the same category on decks 7 and 8 opened up today, but they are connecting rooms which we also try to avoid because I like my sofa! So, I'm trying to decide whether it might be worth it to switch, or whether I shouldn't be too concerned about the noise.

FWIW, I'm not a particularly light sleeper - a little clinking of silverware probably wouldn't wake me - but major clattering and banging would probably drive me nuts!

Thanks!

I can't imagine that the sound of folks eating would be problematic.....the dining room is carpeted, so that should dampen a lot of the sound that might occur.

I think I'd risk the dining room below, than a connecting door beside!!!

We're on the same cruise as you :D We usually get deck 6 and have never had a noise problem from below. I think you'll be fine - better than a connecting cabin IMO :D

So are we.

But the count down clock is different ?????

Never mind it updated.

Thanks for the info! I'm feeling better about my choice. Though I may bring ear plugs just in case! ;)

green eyed lady and SSPhone, see you on board! I looked at the roll call board but didn't bother to sign up there since it looks like there's no meet & greet set up for our sailing.

We had a deck 6 balcony room on the Liberty last year which was right above the dining room and never heard a thing! Keep in mind that breakfast is only served on deck 3 in the MDR so there's a bit of a buffer!

I would take a room in that area again any day over a connecting room or even deck 10 under the pool. Easy walk down the stairs to the Promenade too!

Archived