Can the experts help with DFW/BCN air?

happy cruzer

Hi, I have a cruise booked for May 11 to May 23. I am pricing out roundtrip air from DFW to BCN. I've been seeing about 850 pp with 1 stop which is good. I priced leaving on May 9 and returning on May 23.

So any one see any better prices?

If I did dare to try a bid (would be alow one for sure :) ) on priceline could I select May 9 and May 24 as travel dates and be sure to arrive by noon or so on May 11? I know that sounds weird but according to the info I see on Priceline we could leave as late as midnight, have one layover, plus there is the time change to consider. I can't seem to find a definitive answer about the maximum layover for an international flight thru priceline name your own price. Anyone know the priceline details.

Thanks.

The search for the "lowest" price is a quixotic one...when you see something you like, take it.

I would never take PL's opaque system for flights. Too many issues, including random and potentially impossible flight times as well as being consolidator tickets. You have a very good price and it won't last, IMO. Grab it.

Alot of experts think that at 3-4 months out is where Airfare (especially international) is at the best bargain. Of course that not always the case due to demand. But, usually at this time is when the fare wars flare up and airlines 'watch' what the others are doing.

Sounds like a very good fare, I would take it.

I would say you have a small window to make that decision to buy now or wait. Because if the flight is in demand your fare could get out of hand. But if not, you could find a last minute deal thats better. I personally don't think you will save very much with a last minute fare as the fare you found is pretty good. It might not be worth the stress to wait it out and see what the fare does. And if you wait and the fare goes the other way, you may spend 400-600+ more per ticket.

Its buy now or roll the dice.

To follow up on Kickball....

Your possible gain to wait is quite small. Do you expect it to drop by triple digits or are you thinking of a $20-40 savings? Because you are not going to see prices in the sub $600 range.

OTOH, your potential price rise is high...you could easily end up paying $1200+ for your ticket.

In other words....for a possible small savings, are you willing to risk double, triple or more times that savings in the other direction? Is the reward commensurate with the risk?

... If I did dare to try a bid (would be alow one for sure :) ) on priceline could I select May 9 and May 24 as travel dates and be sure to arrive by noon or so on May 11? I know that sounds weird but according to the info I see on Priceline we could leave as late as midnight, have one layover, plus there is the time change to consider. I can't seem to find a definitive answer about the maximum layover for an international flight thru priceline name your own price. Anyone know the priceline details.

Thanks.

Although I love Priceline for hotels and car rentals, I have never used them for a flight, and probably never will. I would especially avoid using PL for flights to get to a cruise. If you were going to Europe for a DIY vacation, you might be able to absorb some travel delays and get on with your holiday. But with a cruise that requires us to be there on a specific date and time, no way would I use PL.

As others have mentioned, the airfare you have found sounds pretty good and it would be wishful thinking to believe it will drop significantly.

If you go to the American Airlines website, put in your dates, etc.... Underneath where you select the number of passengers, click on "Seniors, Children, or Infants." This will take you to a new page where you can select other options. Go to Number 7 "Choose a carrier" and select "all carriers."

It will take you to a schedule and price calendar and you can book DFW to BCN for as little as $405 (depending on date) and $430 for BCN to DFW.

Its a small savings, but its a savings.

Hi, I have a cruise booked for May 11 to May 23. I am pricing out roundtrip air from DFW to BCN. I've been seeing about 850 pp with 1 stop which is good. I priced leaving on May 9 and returning on May 23.

So any one see any better prices?

No, I see several airlines with flights for these dates/routing for under $886. This is a good price. I would book it.

Don't waste your time bidding on PL for flights. Most flights are pretty full; I haven't read about any "name your own" price bargains for airfare for a long time. You don't earn FF miles on those flights either. Book directly with the airline.

Archived