Barcelona Question

ronrick1943

• 2 weeks later...

We've been to Barcelona several times and never have used a guide. Besides the Hop-On/Hop-Off bus, it's easily walkable and do-able on your own. Sometimes we've used public transportation, sometimes taxis.

It's a beautiful city ...

Mura

P.S. An Afterthought -- we used a bus tour to go to Montserrat and afterwards wished that we'd done it on your own. That would have given us more time to do what we wanted to do WHEN we wanted to do it. We didn't realize how easy it would have been to go on our own.

Hi, Has anyone used Pressicar Service in Barcelona? Any help/information would be great.

Rick

In October we used Jose Soler (pepitotours.com) for 2 days in Barcelona and he was fantastic. Got to all the major sights and he was fun and very knowledgable. Recommended him to a few friends who have gone since Oct, and they have all been very happy with him .

Hi, Has anyone used Pressicar Service in Barcelona? Any help/information would be great.

Rick

What are you planning on using them for?

It's basically a limo service...

They do basic transportation, airport to hotel or airport to ship or back...and they also do tours...

If you are looking for a basic transfer, say, airport to hotel, you have lots of choices...shuttles, taxis, even public bus may work depending on the location of your hotel...

If it's a tour, the question might be whether you want to just tour Barcelona or you want to go somewhere out of town klike Montserrat or Girona/Figueras?

For in town, I would just do it yourself--maybe use the HOHO bus or just walk/public transportation...I don't think PressICar does true "guided" tours...like most European tour companies, I believe he is more of just a "driver"...So, not lot of advantage to the service in town...

If you want to tour the region--say head up to Girona and Figueras--this may be a valid option...

In October we used Jose Soler (pepitotours.com) for 2 days in Barcelona and he was fantastic. Got to all the major sights and he was fun and very knowledgable. Recommended him to a few friends who have gone since Oct, and they have all been very happy with him .

We were part of a group that also used Jose for a full day tour in Nov. including Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Montserrat (1 hr distant from city) and various Gaudi buildings in Barcelona.

We will be in Barcelona again in April and plan to use HOHO and good walking tour maps.

Girona can easily be done on your own by train. As I recall it was about an hour's train ride. I don't recall whether we took a taxi from the train station in Girona but I believe we walked. We spent an hour at the Cathedral (rented audio guides), walked through old town and saw the Arabic Baths, Archeological Museum, then had a lovely lunch. We ended up at the Jewish Museum and then headed back to the train station around 6pm. Coincidentally we met several passengers from our cruise on the train. (We boarded Regatta the next day.)

It's easily done on your own.

Mura

Archived