Seattle-transportation plan please advise

cruisingrightalong

We have been to Seattle and done light rail before with 1 suitcase each so other than that here is the "plan"....please advise.

Take Link Light Rail from SEATAC to Westlake....get off and get on Monorail (any easy ideas to switch from one to the other)....go to Seattle Center....then walk 1/2 mile to Homewood Suites on Western.....hope downhill!!!!

We like to adventure around so thought this might be an option and quite cheaper than taxi...we will have time and love to figure stuff out!

All hints appreciated.

Lou

You're a step ahead of me ... I haven't ridden the Light Rail yet!

The Westlake Station is at 4th and Pine and the Monorail is 5th and Pine so that should be simple.

The walk to Western is quite long .... probably 10 blocks. Mostly downhill. If it's raining, consider a taxi from Westlake, $10-$15. (Taxis don't roam around like in most cities, they're usually parked at hotels or popular destinations.) Have fun !!

The monorail station is in Westlake Center. You can go directly into Westlake Mall from the Mezzanine level of the Westlake transit tunnel station. Take the mall elevator or escalator to the top floor of the mall and there you go.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with monorail myself, unless simply riding it is important to you. The #24 Metro bus goes right from Westlake Center (4th & Pike) to the doorstep of Homewood Suites at Westlake and Elliott. It is less than a 10 minute ride. It runs until 1 am, although frequencies drop from about every 20 minutes to every hour after 9:30 pm.

Plus, you can do it with a transfer from the Link light rail so it is just one fare.

Take a cab from Westlake, or the 24 bus. The monorail is just going to be a pain.

Take a cab from Westlake, or the 24 bus. The monorail is just going to be a pain.

We use public transporation with each Seattle visit although have to agree that the monorail would just be too inconvenient. The bus or a taxi from Westlake are good choices. Except for your luggage, it's actually a nice walk on a sunny day.

I'd take a cab from Westlake. Just to clarrify, there are no 'tranfers' from link to Metro transit unless you have a 'Orca" card. Its a pain and you have to preorder so you'd have to pay two train fares and two bus fares. I wouldn't mess with the monorail and agree its a long walk. Homewood on Western isn't close to much. Its in sort of an office area on the very fringe of the Space Needle and Seattle Center.

Archived