Fitness Classes on Cloud?

Goldens4

I have had two cruises on Cloud, but the last time was in december 2010. Since I am active as an instructor myself I always execise daily when I am on a cruise and Cloud has a very limited space for fitness activities. On the first cruise the instructor seemed so disappointed with the situation that there were no classes at all except water aerobics twice during the cruise. And the pool is too small for that kind of exercise.

The second time there was an excellent instructor who really did her best with trying to give us something that could work. We did boot camp at least three times, we did tai chi and yoga a couple of times and probably something more but I can't remember. But no aerobics or step and definitely no zumba. Since there is no space at all in the gym for classes we were always out on the deck.

There was a very good instructor on the Cloud last year, a woman (forget her name), who gave a thoughtful yoga class (yes, on deck) and an adequate mat Pilates class (again on deck).

On the Shadow, Slobodan was the instructor and he was very good, but the room was so small, he had to turn people away. He said he used to use The Bar for his classes, but the new HD uses it in the morning for his staff meetings, so the classes were relegated back to the small aerobics room.

I asked about Zumba both cruises and both instructors said they did not teach it. It is rather surprising, because the easiest and least costly certification to get IS Zumba. Unfortunately, that makes for a lot more bad Zumba teachers than good ones! :D

Thank you, Older Party. I will ask on the Cloud. I agree about certification. I've been blessed with great instuctors at my gym no matter what class I attend. I am new to Zumba, but am hooked. It's very addictive.

Thank you, Older Party. I will ask on the Cloud. I agree about certification. I've been blessed with great instuctors at my gym no matter what class I attend. I am new to Zumba, but am hooked. It's very addictive.

Yes it is ... I'm on my 4th teacher now having loved the first one who was a Latina woman, a little 5' grandmother who could move her body like nobody's business, but she left my clubhouse to teach in a gym and we haven't found anyone else as good. We keep trying though. It's a great way to work out and have fun too. Of course, we ladies always go to the wine bistro after class so not sure if it's the Zumba I enjoy, or the wine later. ;)

I need to go to your classes. We have 3 instructors for Zumba. My fav is a lady from Trinidad. The music is great! Some of the other ones

add rap crap and that gives me a headache! Hope we can meet one day in our travels.

Archived