Future Booking on Board - Is deposit $100?

CarolRoy

Thinking about booking a future cruise next week while onboard the Conquest. Need info.

If you book on board with a FCC, is the deposit reduced for the cruise to $100 no matter what the deposit would of been. I have done this on HAL for a Med. cruise and did not have to put down a $500 deposit each.

If you cancel the cruise before final payment, can you apply the FCC to a new cruise. Would you still get the OB credit?

Any info would be most helpful.

2012 – Carnival Conquest – Feb. – W. Caribbean

2011 – Westerdam HAL – Dec. – E. Caribbean

2011 – Nieuw Amsterdam HAL – Oct. – Mediterranean

2011- Carnival Miracle – May – Eastern Caribbean

2010 – Nieuw Amsterdam HAL - Dec.- W. Caribbean

2010 – Celebrity Summit – Sept. - Bermuda

2010 – Serenade of the Seas - March - S. Caribbean

2009 – Crown Princess – W. Caribbean

2009 – Golden Princess - Alaska - Inside Passage

2009 – Coral Princess - Panama Canal Transit

2008 – Caribbean Princess - New Eng. & Canada

2008 – Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean

2007 – Explorer of the Seas - W. Caribbean

2006 – Golden Princess - S. Caribbean

2004 – Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean

2002 – Star Princess - Mexican Riviera

2002 – Dawn Princess - S. Caribbean

2000 – Carnival Inspiration - S. Caribbean

1999 – Carnival Paradise - W. Caribbean

1996 – Majesty (private) - Key West

1989 – Sovereign of the Seas - E. Caribbean

If you book on board you pay full deposit. However "future cruise credit" is a $100 certificate for use on another cruise, booked in the future. It counts as $100 of your cruise price and you get onboard credit depending on length of cruise (my 7 day got me 100 OBC)

Cheryl

Thinking about booking a future cruise next week while onboard the Conquest. Need info.

If you book on board with a FCC, is the deposit reduced for the cruise to $100 no matter what the deposit would of been. I have done this on HAL for a Med. cruise and did not have to put down a $500 deposit each.

If you cancel the cruise before final payment, can you apply the FCC to a new cruise. Would you still get the OB credit?

Are there any perks to booking another cruise there and paying the full down payment instead of a Fcc?

I would hope so. I just don't see the advantage otherwise. I can get the OBC from my TA.

Another point for other lines like RCI and Princess.

If you book on board you pay full deposit. However "future cruise credit" is a $100 certificate for use on another cruise, booked in the future. It counts as $100 of your cruise price and you get onboard credit depending on length of cruise (my 7 day got me 100 OBC)

Cheryl

So I guess it is better just to buy the FCC on board. Then book a cruise when we get home?

I guess that's what we will do also. DH and I are wanting to take an Alaskan cruise in 2013. Since it doesn't benefit us to book while on the ship, I will buy the FCCs on our next cruise and book thru my PVP when I get home.

I recall somewhere reading that you must use a credit card to purchase the FCCs? Is this correct? We usually use cash.

Are there any perks to booking another cruise there and paying the full down payment instead of a Fcc?

No perks for paying in full .. sounds like a good idea to me as I would do it. Never saw this question before .. new idea to me.

PS if you buy a FCC to bring home, its still not part of the deposit, it comes off your balance. (unlike some other cruiselines)

I guess that's what we will do also. DH and I are wanting to take an Alaskan cruise in 2013. Since it doesn't benefit us to book while on the ship, I will buy the FCCs on our next cruise and book thru my PVP when I get home.

I recall somewhere reading that you must use a credit card to purchase the FCCs? Is this correct? We usually use cash.

credit or debit card

not cash, cant be refunded if you cancel easily enough.

NO, I was told by Carnival that once applied, a FCC cannot be moved to another cruise. You can change cabins, but not cruises. Anyone else have a different experience?

You get vouchers for friends and family to also get $100 OBC if they book the same cruise. That's the only perk I see.

So I guess it is better just to buy the FCC on board. Then book a cruise when we get home?

That's what I do.

You still have to pay the full deposit. After you book you send in the FCC to apply the $100 you spent as a payment against the final price.

When we bought ours they were charged to our sail and sign accounts. I guess from there it depends if you way that with cash or a credit card.

We booked two cabins on board once and gave one of the "Friends" coupons to someone that also booked so we had $100 OBC each for all 3 cabins. There were no other perks for going ahead and booking on board.

When we booked on board in Dec. 2010 for our Med cruise for Oct. 2011, HAL future cruise program was $100 each and this $100 was our deposit. We did not have to pay the $400 each that Carnival requires for a 12-day cruise. And with HAL, we got OB credit too. The rest of the payment was due when final payment was due. And if you canceled the cruise, you could apply this $100 to another cruise within 4 years. Carnival told me you have 2 years to use the FCC. And another poster said you could not apply the Carnival FCC to another cruise.

I don't see any reason to give Carnival a $800 deposit for a cruise that I would book for the Baltics in 2013.

Doesn't make sense to me - being that Carnival is the parent company. That Carnival and HAL are so apart on this!

Don't see the logic of doing an ES - Early Saver with Carnival.

Kind of disappointing. I like RCI's version much better. Much more useful!

I so totally disagree. I guess you are new to cruising to say this.

Carnival allows you to combine discounts, so I can get my OBC from stock and from my FCC and whatever else.

RCL no longer allows me to combine, so its one OBC or the other.

Lets see $200 OBC from Carnival vs $100 OBC on RCL for the two.. which one is better for my 7 day booking ..

I also cannot combine my balcony discount on RCL they so generously finally give me now that Im diamond .. but cant use it with a FCC .. hmmm.

Carnival wins this round for me...and I like RCL, so Im not biased toward Carnival saying this. Facts.

If RCL has changed the rules and now allows combining of OBCs more than sparingly .. Please I would like to know .. but for me the FCC on RCL is worthless since I own stock.

Shhhh lets not let Carnival know that RCL no longer allows combining of OBCs worth anything.

Just wanted to share my experience with booking a cruise while on a cruise. We were on the Valor a few weeks ago and decided to book our May cruise while onboard so we could get the obc for two other family members that are on this cruise also. We've bought and used the FCC several times before and love them. This was the first time booking while on a cruise. Ok... so we pick out our cruise, paid the deposit which was $200 ea. (5 day cruise). The next morning we get the letter from the future cruise desk and it has the all of our booking info and two certificates for friends/family to mail in but nowhere is it noted that we get obc. I ask at the desk and he says oh it will automatically show up. Fast forward a week...here is where the headaches begin. I login on Carnival.com to add this cruise. At first all seems normal but I can't edit anything (beds, dining times, guest info) and I can't see any of the billing info. I call in and they are arguing with me because they are telling me that I booked with a travel agent and that is why I can't see any of my info or change any of my info. They said I had to call their e-solutions team. Next I had submitted the ES form because the price of our cabin dropped by $50. I've done this in the past several times so knew that I should be eligible for the price reduction. My sisters submitted their forms on the same day. A week later, their's gets approved and I still hear nothing. I call in and again am told that they can't do anything because I booked with a travel agent. I have to explain the whole thing and the lady still doesn't know how to help me. Next I have to call the promotions desk because the obc that I was supposed to get for booking onboard hasn't showed up. The lady tells me "you were only supposed to get one certificate for friends and family and one for yourself so they messed up and gave you 2 for friends and family". I argue with her and tell her this is not true. She puts me on hold, comes back on and says oh you are right but they don't apply that obc til closer to sailing. She says about 4 days before check your sailing. I said "you are kidding me right...4 days before?" She says "yes check on 5/9 or 5/10 it should be there" (we sail on the 14th. Anyway after nearly 2 hours on the phone, I got all of my issues handled but I will never purchase a cruise on another cruise again....what a headache! And....just today I called to have our 6 rooms linked together and after several attempts they still cannot link my room to the others because (AGAIN) it appears that I booked with a travel agent...ugh!

My husband and I each bought one on our last cruise. I think it would have been nice for her to explain to us that you can only use one per cabin. We would have just bought one of them.

Most people who know how these promos work would know you cant apply unlimited FCCs to the same booking. Same with stock or other OBCs. Its one per cabin/booking. If not .. hey I would have bought 7 to apply to the same booking.

PS I bought 5 or 7 of them at a time, so I have a stack of them at home. Its not uncommon to buy quite a few so it probably didnt occur to them that you might be thinking this.

imluvncruzn if you were booked with a TA on the cruise you bought the FCCs, they sometimes apply them to that TA without asking .. dont know why. Could it be something like this?

Here is their own rules .. saying 2 friends and family. You can give them a link to their own site lol

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
No I've never booked with a TA...only ever booked myself or through a PVP. I'm curious if anyone else who has ever booked onboard has run into any of these problems. I know I won't do it again!

I haven't booked onboard (YET), but was seriously considering it while on our May cruise for one in Dec.

Now you all have me wondering...is it worth it? :confused:

GP

Most people who know how these promos work would know you cant apply unlimited FCCs to the same booking. Same with stock or other OBCs. Its one per cabin/booking. If not .. hey I would have bought 7 to apply to the same booking.

PS I bought 5 or 7 of them at a time, so I have a stack of them at home. Its not uncommon to buy quite a few so it probably didnt occur to them that you might be thinking this.

imluvncruzn if you were booked with a TA on the cruise you bought the FCCs, they sometimes apply them to that TA without asking .. dont know why. Could it be something like this?

Here is their own rules .. saying 2 friends and family. You can give them a link to their own site lol

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

Hi Fire, long time, no see (since the Triumph last November)!

So...I read the Funville article. Thanks for the link.

Being the "arranger" personality-type that I am, I'm wondering if I can:

1) Purchase a FCC, while on an upcoming May cruise

2) book a 7 day cruise for Dec (while still onboard the May cruise) and get a couple of Friends/Family vouchers for the Dec cruise

3) apply the FCC (purchased in step 1) to the Dec cruise (booked in step 2)

4) Get $100 OBC for the "onboard" booking

5) Get $100 OBC for applying the FCC

6) Get $100 OBC for being a stockholder (likely this one is ok, but my question really is "Will they let me do both 4 and 5?")

Thoughts?

Also, if my friends already have an FCC, can they use the F/F voucher I woudl give them, along with the FCC they already have?

GP

Archived