Bow of Oasis

mcrussdvc

I sent an email to RCCL asking about the chances of being able to go on the bow of the Oasis on our upcoming cruise 5/12 and low and behold i got a response that we will be able to stand on the bow (where helipad is) during the sailaway from Port Everglades.... :D... this will be our first time crusing with RCCL and what a way to say Hello welcome aboard.... my wife is skeptical of all this so i plan on printing out the email and bring it with me in case of some confusion.... is this normal for RCCL or is it just special ?????

I sent an email to RCCL asking about the chances of being able to go on the bow of the Oasis on our upcoming cruise 5/12 and low and behold i got a response that we will be able to stand on the bow (where helipad is) during the sailaway from Port Everglades.... :D... this will be our first time crusing with RCCL and what a way to say Hello welcome aboard.... my wife is skeptical of all this so i plan on printing out the email and bring it with me in case of some confusion.... is this normal for RCCL or is it just special ?????

Didn't happen when we sailed Oasis.

....is this normal for RCCL or is it just special ?????

The bow heli-pad is open on all Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom Class ships. You can go out there almost any time. However, on Oasis Class, the bow is not open. They only occassionally open it for sail-aways. However, on my 2 Oasis Class cruises, it only opened to Diamond and higher Crown and Anchor members. I never saw it open to all guests.

However, on my 2 Oasis Class cruises, it only opened to Diamond and higher Crown and Anchor members. I never saw it open to all guests.

I had the same experience on my Oasis sailing. It was only opened once, while safely docked in port, for a top tier (Platinum+) C&A reception. Someone asked one of the senior officers why it wasn't open all of the time like on earlier ships, and he said it had to do with differences in design that made it unsafe for passengers (vague, but a clearly defined policy).

You received wrong information. The helipad area on Oasis is not open. They have a sailaway on the helipad (by invitation only) for suite guests and Diamond Plus members from one of the ports. On my recent Oasis cruise it was from Labadee.

You received wrong information. The helipad area on Oasis is not open. They have a sailaway on the helipad (by invitation only) for suite guests and Diamond Plus members from one of the ports. On my recent Oasis cruise it was from Labadee.

I emailed RCCL twice regarding this the first time was very vauge on location but i asked for clarification and even mentioned bow and helipad and got an answer that we will be permitted to be on the bow(helipad) during the sailaway from Port Everglades..... what can i say.... if it turns out to be wrong then so be it but for now i am happy to be going on a cruise for 7days in May.... :)

I thought I saw some people on the heli pad on either Allure or Oasis a couple of weeks ago as it sailed from Port Everglades. I was surprised, as it wasn't available when we sailed last summer. Maybe they have recently changed the policy.

we have sailed both Oasis and Allure and were fortunate to be invited to a VIP sailaway on Allure from St.Maarten:cool:..

The access to the helipad on Oasis and Allure is completely different to Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class so I am sorry don't expect it to happen unless you pursue it once on board with the copy of your e.mail. It is obvious whoever answered your enquiry has not sailed on this class of ship:(.

On Oasis class they have to open heavy metal doors through a door at the end of a cabin corridor ,on all the other class ships you access it from an exterior stairway on the promenade deck.

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful cruise regardless:).

I emailed RCCL twice regarding this the first time was very vauge on location but i asked for clarification and even mentioned bow and helipad and got an answer that we will be permitted to be on the bow(helipad) during the sailaway from Port Everglades..... what can i say.... if it turns out to be wrong then so be it but for now i am happy to be going on a cruise for 7days in May.... :)

Go to deck 7 on the starboard side. Go down the hallway towards the bow until you come to the steel hatch door. The helipad is through that door.

Archived