Sleeping/breathing machine question

singjenn

Hey y'all...

We will be on the Dream in July.

My husband uses one of the breathing machine's when he sleeps....the ones for sleep apnea. They have to be plugged in and I was wondering if there is anywhere next to the bed to plug it in? We bring a power strip for the plugs at the desk area, but I didn't know if we needed one for the machine... or if there is even a place to plug it in. I can't remember if there are alarm clocks or not.... I don't know how long the cord is :-) Thanks for your help!

I, too, have to use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea. I just got an email from Carnival today that stated "yes, you can bring your machine. You will need to bring an extension cord as well, since there is only one outlet in the cabin and may not reach your bed".

:cool:Bill

I, too, have to use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea. I just got an email from Carnival today that stated "yes, you can bring your machine. You will need to bring an extension cord as well, since there is only one outlet in the cabin and may not reach your bed".

:cool:Bill

Keep it with the machine!!

I have a travel bag that came with my machine. I bought a 25 foot extension cord and keep it in that bag.

On one cruise, when we checked into the cabin the steward was there. I mentioned that I was going to be using my extension cord, so that he would know and not trip over it.

He said he would get an extra long one for me, enough that it wouldn't have to go across the floor and could go around the walls instead. I thought "great"... then when he brought a 50 foot cord, he wanted to charge my S&S $25... I declined and just used my own. :mad:

Carnival does charge a $25 deposit on extension cords. You get the money back when its returned.

Hey Fire, wrong thread I know.......There is a nice one across from the Carnival pier, can't miss the DRUGS sign. I bought 6 knock off purses in there too, lol.

Where exactly did you purchase the purses> was this downtown or at the pier where Carnival dock now?

Our cabin steward provided us one (after ours turned out to be too short to reach clear across our suite) with no problem, and didn't charge us for the use. If you need distilled water for his machine, don't bother carrying it on, you can get a gallon from room service with no problem either, for something like $4, if I remember right.

Don't worry about security either, we have never had a problem with them, but pack your extension cord under the machine in the bag, so it is less likely to throw up red flags.. But I do suggest that you carry it on, because you can just imagine would could happen to that machine if it was buried under 500 lbs of other bags. You might bring some duct tape along to tape the cord to the carpet, unless you plan on putting the cord up each day, which we did.

Have a great cruise.

Archived